Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 12/14

boring show this morning or I am not focused on it,

over on Facebook 

got a peleton 10 days ago and totally OBSESSED 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

and other cat moms- BF and I discovered the "Bamboozler" so the holidays came early last night!

Image result for cat bamboozler

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono  I read your posts and it made me sad and more than a little angry. My daughter (she teaches) could have written them. I listen to what she goes through and I think about how the people that make the rules would NEVER tolerate working conditions like that. No breaks, every planning period gets taken up with something else so then "planning" happens at home at night or on the weekend.....her district has little special ed accomodations, so the majority of her day is spent teaching (more like managing) one student while the other 20 learn nil. 

From the time she was 4 years old she knew she wanted to be a teacher, and she loves small children. Now she finds herself looking at other jobs at a local university. 

The world needs more passionate dedicated teachers....but the world is not willing to set them up for success. 

Shame on all of them. 

And thank you for doing what you do!!!! Teachers don't get to hear enough how much they are appreciated and valued. Heart

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD   My sister experienced a spontaneous pneumothorax and had to be chest tubed.  I'll never forget that experience.  I'm sorry your DH had to go through it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Have a good day all B is awake and the day has begun

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  Wow, you had a stinker of a week.  Some of what I read brought back memories of my job even though it was a different 'industry'.  I worked for someone who seemed to take pleasure in testing me and I think it frustrated the heck out of her when she couldn't trip me up.

Honored Contributor

@SunSprite 

your words say it perfectly...

"The world needs more passionate dedicated teachers....but the world is not willing to set them up for success."🏆❤️🏆

I am grateful that our DD had wonderful (mostly) teachers. Watching them interact with her in school and in activities served as my inspiration to earn my teaching certification in my "2nd life" and teach.

Thank you to @lolakimono and @Jtdmum wand your DD and to all who work with our youth!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono :   your post was really an eye opener.  thank you for your dedication!   it feels like i now have a better understanding about why my friend gave up what LOOKED like a really promising career in teaching.  she just walked away.  it was the constant demands that got to her, although until i read your post (twice) it was hard for me to really understand.

we are going to be in a world of hurt before long, because no one will be able to meet these demands and be willing to put up with the constant BS.  i am so very sad to see this entire profession being beaten up like this.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@lolakimono  Wow, you had a stinker of a week.  Some of what I read brought back memories of my job even though it was a different 'industry'.  I worked for someone who seemed to take pleasure in testing me and I think it frustrated the heck out of her when she couldn't trip me up.

@Bird mama 

This same person did a walkthrough on me two weeks ago, sent the feedback about it to me and another teacher (instead of copied to herself) because she typed in the same letter of the last names.  This is something that I could take to HR.  I brought it to her attention, and suggested that I thought she had probably intended to email herself a copy and mistakenly typed in the name of another teacher.  She apologized, but apparently was not embarrassed about the mishap enough to cut ME some slack and reschedule the observation to a day when we don't have other things going on.  She does not "relax", so it would be one thing for the evidence of a quality learning environment if she said "I know what your room is like and how students act when they are there, so I can just use what I've seen on other occasions and fill that section out as if we were in the room" but she won't do something like that.  She is not interesting in providing meaningful feedback, she is more of a "gotcha" type administrator.  She will check in with the kid who can barely write his name in Spanish, for example, and ask that person to explain the lesson.  If he can't do it, it won't matter if the other 34 DO know what's going on and how to do it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono   that was my manager Woman Very Happy 

Anything to hang up an employee and make them look bad.  I'll never understand why some people can only feel good about their jobs and themselves when they endeavor to make others look 'less than'.