Trusted Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 12/14

Good Morning all.  Hope everyone survived the week.  Moon was just beautiful - Lit up the woods here like candlelight.  Snow on the pine boughs was so pretty in the moonlight.  

Not so sure about it's effects, my volumes at work skyrocketed.  Worked through last Saturday, took Sunday off.  Debating going in today.  My peer is off on vacation until after the Holiday and I have an inspection on Tuesday. I keep hearing on the news that the pregnancy rate is going down.  I'm not sure where because my volumes are up by 30% --and climbing.  

LOVE the sweater Leah has under that BFD cardi.  Like the cardi too but I'm burning out on some of these "channel changing" TSV  promo's.  

Everyone enjoy the weekend and upcoming week.  I can't belive the holidays are in just over a week.  Where did that time go??

Honored Contributor

I forgot to add, since Friday was such an amazing day, that we had to distribute the interims during 2nd period on Friday. We have to have them saved by a certain time in the drive so that the grader could review them and it gives them time to print 2,000 reports.  So 30 minutes into 1st period we get the reminder to distribute the reports.  Then a few minutes later we get another- sorry if it was unclear, but teachers need to print the reports.  W

WHAT?

These are only snapshots of what each week is like.  It doesn't include the early dismissal for sports lists to consult, the senior meeting (please send X students down at 9:15), the video announcements that take place only on Fridays, blah blah that we have to remember each period. 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

all the new terms...made up or not!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 @lolakimono @Bird mama   We have no fear of full moons nor of Fridays falling on our lucky number 13. We got married on Friday the 13th in May 2012, the year of my retirement that December (we had to for insurance purpose).

So yesterday on our Friday the 13th we had a meet & greet with our oncol radiologist to talk about rad treatments for DH's 2 tumors. It's been determined that he has metastatic tumors vs a new lung cancer. Each are treated very differently the good Drs tell us. However, as we talked through the process with our Dr, he told us DH has options which include surgery to just remove them and be done. So next week we're meeting with a thoraxic surgeon. I have a feeling surgery will be the way we go.

His biopsy did not go well as his lung collapsed, ended up staying 4 days b/c when they removed the tube the first time, it immediately collapsed again. A 40 minute biopsy turned into a 4-day stay. Of course he had to be part of the 20% that this happens to!!!

Now that we know whatever course of treatment won't happen until very early January, my money's on Tuesday January 7. What's significant with this date? It's his birthday. Of course we could wait until Jan 8, exactly 7 years from his very first diag of his rectal cancer.

We fear no dates, no full moons. Let the recovery begin again!

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono Souds like me at work.  I try to sit to process something and my email pops up "we need bla bla.."  So we stop what we're doing, "de gown" (lab coat, gloves, glasses, etc...etc..) run into the office, dig up what they need, run a flight of stairs, get a zillion questions (that are in the documents they need if they would just read them) then back down stairs "gown up" and then the next email. 

Solution: Shut off email.  Yep...come on down and get your own stuff.  The old saying - your lack of planning doesn't constitute my prioity...

The great part about them knowing I'm on the verge of retirement...I don't care if they don't like it HA!  Come yell at me..I'll give it right back.  

Between sick dog (seems to be getting better) and lack of sleep--Don't poke the bear...

And just saw my new favorite sweater that Leah is wearing is only $178.  Of course it is. But...I can get 6 easy payments!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

smh

Why do they do this? Why? Why?

And I always used to wonder what would happen if I just didn't?

My response would be "oh, the network was down."

But that probably wouldn't have worked.

The type of nonsense you outline made me grateful when I announced my retirement. Either they were so SHOCKED or I was just out of the loop because lots of demands stopped!

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 @lolakimono  Classic examples of dedicated teachers just wanting to do their job and teach.  Assist kids who want to learn. 

Then the corporate side kicks in.  I fully understand that for so many reasons there need to be checks and balances (in all professions) but it is out of hand. 

I keep telling myself, just do your job.  Head in the back door, do your job, go home - stay calm.  

Trying to figure out just exactly why that seems to be so very difficult. 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

I'm sorry to hear of his recent health issues.  I am ready to be done with 2019!

lazy to do list GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Valued Contributor

@LTT1  Thank you for mentioning Dillards! I had completely spaced them out, forgot I have a store really close to me. I went online looking for short inseam dress pants and Dillards had what I needed. 

My daughter is built like her mama; ridiculously long torso and three inch legs. She's having a difficult time finding "short" nice dress pants and I was able to purchase those through Dillards. It will be a nice Christmas surprise Smiley Happy

(or course Mom found a pair for herself lol)

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum 

imo, the reason it is so hard is that the corporate side doesn't know how to set priorities!

When reading @lolakimono's story, I kept asking myself "what is most important here."

I'd like to know.

Getting foisted upon isn't good for anybody.