Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 12/10

IMG_4892.JPG

This picture accompanies the other.

Does anyone KNOW what this picture is about?

If you do, then you will understand why I taught teens and why I find them amusing (most of the time).

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

In other news of life's little annoyances...Cat Frustrated

For about a year now, I have had technical difficulty getting the mail from the mailbox, so I have BF fetch it with his key.

On Wednesday, we had our catsitter over to explain the routines, and to hand off the keys.  I asked BF to check the spare key set and verify that they opened all the locks (mailbox, door, deadbolt).  Catsitter and her BF arrive, and just for fun, I have them go out to the mailbox and try the key.  They cannot open it, and I cannot open it.  BF swears that merely 20 minutes earlier, he was able to open the box.  No can do now.  So I hand off the keys that DO work and say that we will look into this.

On Thursday, my key does not open the box at all (no WD-40 magic to be worked) and when BF comes home, neither does his. We research the issue, and it seems that for a cluster box, the P.O. has to be the ones to change the locks.  

Friday was 60s day at school, so I dressed up and made a gigantic cat eye with heavy makeup, with a wide headscarf headband.  I called the P.O. to verify that they have to be the ones to have to change the lock, and they said I needed to bring THE DEED to the house and photo I.D. (plus pay $40) to change the locks.  I drive home like a bat out of H, dig through documents to find the deed, and am pulling out of the drive when I spy a mail truck.  I pull up alongside (like a crazy person) and ask if this is the mail carrier for my street.  She says that indeed she is responsible for my street, but that she has already delivered the mail.  I tell her that my key no longer functions in the lock, so she agrees to come back and open up the box so that I can retrieve the mail from Thursday and Friday.  

I drive back across the street and remembered my garish makeup, so I remembered to tell her about 60s day, since she can clearly see from my photo I.D. that this is not the "real" me.  I told her I was expecting a package, which was originally coming via UPS, which was then handed off to USPS on Dec. 7.  She said that she handed her packages off to another mail carrier, so it's possible that it would come later in the day.  

I roll out to the P.O. to get there by 5:00, and produced the deed/photo I.D. to order the new locks.  I mentioned that I was expecting a package yesterday, but it wasn't there and now I had no access to my box.  She told me that the official lock changer person probably wouldn't make it out until THURSDAY, and did I want to hold the mail for pickup.  (Like most people, I avoid the P.O. at the holidays) so I said I would just deal and hope that all the catalogs wouldn't fill the box to bursting.

The package still shows nothing after Dec. 7, so who knows where it is, but in an overlapping drama...

When I got the call that the car was ready, we took off to go pick it up.  As we headed out, we saw a big P.O. van, and the dude was there changing the locks.

So now I have a car that has probably been fixed, a mailbox that we can access, but no package and no tracking.

That's it.  El fin.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama  My heart aches for you.  The loss of a sister is something I can't fathom nor do I ever want to.  Sisters share something so special..........

You are in my thoughts and prayers for the days to come that you may be lifted up in strength to bear this.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

can you have your packages directed to either an amazon locker or ups pick up point? 

I just got an email from UPS about this today

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@lolakimono

can you have your packages directed to either an amazon locker or ups pick up point? 

I just got an email from UPS about this today

@jackthebear

It's the $&#@ J. Crew jacket. Cat Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh Bernie ... I'm so very sorry.    My heart aches for you and your family.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

could life GET any more complicated?

How frustrating!

I hope you get your 📦!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Lately, I have thought about life and death. What's it all about? I've known in my heart what it's about- Revisited my views. 58 yrs old several close family members and friends this year and previously crossed over. Not to offend anyone, My ex more than one occasion has let me know he's around. If you would have asked me about this year's ago, Answer no way! But, I have come to expect the fact that love never dies, Grateful knowing that. birdmama, Please be kind to yourself in this time of grief. Do something for you. Don't forget to rest and eat.

Very welll understand. My precious husband passed away in August. Since then many things have happened that telll me his spirit is here. Lights going out, then coming back on.  Lights blinking when I stand under them. Bulbs blowing out almost daily.  His computer going off and on. The pup sees things that I can't see.  This morning he sat and held up his paw to shake when no one was there?? He often wakes up startling, looks around and whines at sometehing also unseen.  A couple of things have fallen, like a piggy bank that was not near the edge of a table.  And most of all, feelling something touch my face when there is nothing to touch it.  As far as I am concerned there is no reason not to know that my DH is still with me.  I pray this is true.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry about the loss of your sister...you have nice co-workers, and very nice of you to deliver that to your other sister in person. Not any good way to hear it, but over a phone call is shocking.

Prayers to you and your family !

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama Please forgive me for posting here, but I wanted to express my sympathy to you and your family over the loss of your sister.  How devastating you must have felt to get the news at work.  I'm so very sorry to hear this.  Prayers are sent to you and your family.