Trusted Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 11/30

Good morning all!

No Black Friday shopping for me!  I had lunch with some friends and then last night went to the movies with my husband.  We saw "Midway" and it is very good.  It was the best work I've seen from Woody Harrelson.  Fashion wise- I received an order from Christopher and Banks- 2 long sleeve tees (sapphire blue and white) and a quilted vest in the same blue.  Free shipping and handling and I got the order in 3 days.  I also bought some Sperry rain/snow boots.  No more shopping for Tennesseegal!!!

@Greeneyedlady21 

Thoughts and prayers for you.

@lolakimono 

Cute jacket!

@Snicks1 

I hear you; I want to put up my Christmas decorations but I'm lazy!

@Bird mama 

I love that dove pin!  Enjoy your "Prince"!!

@sligo 

The big game here is Tennessee/Vanderbilt!

Honored Contributor

We saw "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood", about Mr. Rogers, and it was excellent!  I highly recommend it.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

We saw "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood", about Mr. Rogers, and it was excellent!  I highly recommend it.

I want to see that one.  There's also a murder mystery movie with Daniel Craig and Jamie Lee Curtis that I would like to see.  

Trusted Contributor

Good Morning @lolakimono @Snicks1 @Bird mama @jackthebear @LTT1 -Hope all enjoyed Turkey day.  Mine finally ended last night...2 days of eating and drinking with family and friends.  Had a wonderful time, glad it's over, i'm tired and feeling very large. 

Black Friday...I tried to order online from Best Buy- wanted to upgrade my camera. 

Waited 7 hours for them to reply to my order, called CS and they told me to wait a bit longer.  The minute I hung up I received the sold out, sorry email.

Their loss, I'll get by just fine with what I have. Might poke around on LLB and LandsEnd for some warm walk the dog, hang out in the house flanel or fleece tops.  (because the closet I have that is full of them needs more!) I think today will be cleanup and decorate (just a few) for Christmas.  Possible I will stop in at a new "designer" thrift store here in town that is opening today.  Sister is working there part time, says there are some nice things but pricey for a second hand store.  I'm pretty fussy about second hand, has to be in meticulous condition, preferably handbags not so much on the clothing. 

Everyone enjoy the day, stay warm, storm coming here for tomorrow into Monday- Stay safe!

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama LOVE the pin.  Will be checking out that Prince Album! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 

Have you given any thought to fostering animals?

Yes I have, maybe at some point in the future. Early this year I went to a volunteer fair and talked to a woman from a shelter. It wasn't a no kill shelter, not that I was told. I couldn't handle that. I can't get a pet because of my circumstances now and at some point in the future.

I'm sorry for being such a negative downer but my water heater started leaking last week too. By Wed night the hot water was shut off. Yesterday I found a plumber who replaced it in the afternoon. $$$ I had left multiple voicemails and the only other guy who called me back literally sounded like he was half asleep. Sounded lazy and unprofessional. So luckily I found the other guy. Pleasant and efficient.

So no clothes shopping for me for quite a while. I'm perfectly ok with that. A friend advised me to pick up a few things that my Mom would have bought for me and to put up some small decorations that she liked. I bought a $10 pair of earrings at Marshalls and some slipper socks. 

I still don't feel like putting up a tree but I will do some small things. I already donated to a local cancer center in my Mom's memory, it's a stuffed dog that is then given to a patient. That's the kind of thing that my Mom was all about.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

My mom is here (leaving tonight) and on Wednesday I ordered her some wireless headphones (like mine) from Amazon, since she forgot to pack hers.  Of course, they were "delivered" yesterday but they were not really delivered, so we are supposed to give Amazon 48 hours for the package to turn up.  I would hate to have "porch pirates" in the hour that we were gone, and the time it was supposedly delivered.  Fingers crossed that it turns up today.

go on to your account and look at the delivery,  if the delivery person took a picture of your house with the package it will be there

or another house 

do you have text delivery messages enabled?

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1   I stepped away for a few minutes, went down into the basement and hauled the tree (in the big red bag) upstairs.  I always laugh when I'm doing it because I'm grunting the entire time.  My tree is up and I turned the lights on.  All I need to do is shape a couple of branches and add ornaments.  I figured I needed to get it up in my line of sight as soon as possible so that I would stay on schedule and get the decorating done today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

There is no picture to show proof of delivery.  I tracked it, which is how I saw that it was delivered, so I dispatched BF to the mailbox but our mail hadn't been delivered yet.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono @jackthebear 

oh, somehow I missed the fact that the ear phones had shown being delivered!

Amazon will credit you if they don't arrive, even if A claims they were delivered. That has been my experience. I hope they do arrive and that your mom gets to use them on her ✈️!

Speaking of credits...I have had quite a time ordering throws and yes I'm picky.

I started EARLY and that was a mistake!

The color choices were AWFUL at first🤷🏼‍♀️
But we need them so ... purchased two TSV' s here...returned. (Gili throws - reviews washing)

Purchased two from Macy's...they are pretty but then Nordies had two in PERFECT colors...fig.

Then the N ones went on sale and they credited our account for the difference! That's my story!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~