Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 11/2

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD @Snicks1 

36C3AAC5-5A7F-4A12-A2EE-CDFCF93AE03E.gif

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Ladies, it's 38 degrees here, still, this morning. If it ever gets to mid-40's I'll be out doing leaf duty, so many down, none raked up yet this year. That will take the rest of my day, to perhaps get the front and side areas, or until my body says nope, no more for you today, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

If anyone is interested the jacket I got at Marshalls is by HFX. Harlin insulated puffer jacket. $200 on their website and sold out. It's supposed to be wind and water resistant. Unfortunately I'll get to try it out already this week.

Also Marshalls has some Cuddl Duds tops and bottoms. I picked up another pair of the fleece leggings for $12.99. Want to get a thin pair that's not fleece too, have never tried those. Should have bought them yesterday.

I love the coat in teal, Marshalls didn't have that color.

j626551_teal_5646.png

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Hi everyone. I was in Marshalls today looking for a shorter down jacket. I have a 3/4 length and a maxi that were both great deals. I fell in love with a red Guess coat but it was 3/4, so I made the practical choice of a black short jacket. Some brand I've never heard of. It's poly fill, not down. Seems pretty warm though.

I love the hood, has a soft plush lining. Love the fit, went up a size. $60

I passed a huge table in the beauty department , full of gift items. Picked up a boxed set of hand creams for my hairstylist, will give that with a gift card. She never thanked me for my gift last year. I don't give or not give gifts based on that, but I just think it's so tacky. Has been the usual pattern of my hairstylists. I feel like if it was an extravagant gift it might be acknowledged? Ugh, I hate all that weird stuff about gifts. The prices just went up again at my salon, a new one opened just down the street...so that's tempting. Nothing ever lasts there though so who knows. And they're not getting much business yet.

Anyway I also saw the most beautiful Irish sweater in Marshalls, on a HANGER *shudder* It was ivory, had a funnel neck and a beautiful pattern. $70. I didn't get it, but I could just hear my Mom's voice if she was here and we were shopping...she'd say you have to get that, I'll buy it for you. And I'd always say no Mom I have enough.

I've pared down and made lots of donations, but I still have so much clothing. I bought a beautiful Irish sweater in TJ Maxx when my Mom was in hospice at home. She loved it.  I still remember the day I brought it home and showed her and the home health aide. My favorite ones to wear are hers.❤ 

you spend almost as much time at TJ Marshalls as me 

Honored Contributor

HFX?

Trusted Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Nothing good has been going on here since mid August. DH had his health check up. You all know he's a two time cancer survivor, hit his 5 year check up. It was supposed to be good,  you know, the all clear check up. It didn't go that way. Been nothing but more scans, both upper and lower. the lower is good, the upper is not. Yesterday he had a PET to reveal more of what showed up in his lungs. Not only are we battling this but the Drs are dropping out like flies. As of today in fact, the Drs who practiced at what we thought was THE best place to be, that's THE Ohio State Univ James Cancer Care seems to not be THE anymore. Anyway, we're now on our 4th count them 4th Dr Nov 14 for the not so good results of that PET yesterday. We weren't even scheduled to see this new guy until February. But no, here we go again, more than likely lung cancer this time.

We're not happy. Here we go again.

My Prayers are with you and your hubby.