Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 11/14

@lolakimono 

Those are very, very attractive and I bet they are darling on you with your cute clothing choices.  I know your students must think you are the nicest and best dressed teacher.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Leah looks great in a "statement" coat.

@lolakimono   Leah is very attractive and that is something not everybody can wear but I think Leah can wear just about anything.  She looks like Miss Thang in that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@Snicks1 @lolakimono @jackthebear 

my new favorite brand: Pistola

got these in

no hemming needed!

very comfortable blend

perfect fit (for me)

ordered another pair (animal print) from stitch fix (new updated website) too!

4C838C34-B297-4507-B652-D781724AD768.jpeg

@LTT1   Very attractive.  I love pants with tapered legs.  Do you buy Pistola from their website, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale and how do they fit.  I like their on-line ads.  Never purchased their jeans.

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear, I need a couch. Would love to go to Ethan Allen store. Only open certain hours. Check out Tj for pillows. Last time I went to TJ they had Christmas and assorted pillows. I also like Tues. Morning. At Home is becomng more expensive. As is everything. Read that most places may be closed until Spring. Hope You, Lola and LTT1 stay well.

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1, Keep on getting better . 

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono 

How are you feeling health-wise?

@LTT1 

Behold, the power of steroids!

I saw probably a 50% improvement after the first day.

@lolakimono  Glad to hear you're feeling better! By chance, are the steroids 'Prednisone' in the blister pack? I always have to take those for sinus infections and they do help quite a bit.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@sligo wrote:

@lolakimono, Missed you last Sat. Having computer problems. AGAIN!!I don't think my computer is happy in Al. LOL. Glad you are well. Is school still a disaster? More later. DD is coming for a short visit this morning. She has been working seven days a week. She is a lawyer and most of staff is working from home. She prefers going to office. Has more reference materials.Anxious to see her if only for a couple of hours. Hope your day is super. Prov

@sligo 

I couldn't make it last Sat. due to being so sick.

School is a disaster, but I am happy to report that with Friday the 13th we have officially survived the first marking period.  On the last Friday the 13th, it was our last day in the building, in March.  Bittersweet.

Our kids have a lot of issues that they're dealing with.  Some have no device from the school, so they're trying to do work on their phones. Others did get a school device, but they have no internet, so they're having to go to wifi hotspots and log in from there.  We have about 40K students with NO device, so although we are back to our grading policy (no late work accepted after 5 days, for example) we are encouraged to grade with grace and compassion.  This means that some of our students who have done absolutely NOTHING finally woke up and then tried to turn in a BUNCH of assignments yesterday.  I spent from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on the computer, updating grades and grading makeup work.  

In my "free time" I have my formal observation with the principal on Tuesday, I have classwork to complete for my leadership course, I have the new marking period lessons to plan for next week, and for any student who has a failing grade, I have to document on a spreadsheet a page for all of the contacts that I made to warn the student/parents about the failure.  

I hope you enjoy your daughter's visit!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @Mimi 1883 @sligo @Nonametoday @Snicks1 

may I sing the praises of these two lug orders?

8F857645-4B10-44FE-BBFD-8D36842D4052.jpeg07850004-B181-4E68-873C-E9C3FFA6B4D7.jpeg

''The camo I gave to DD.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been eagerly awaiting sweater weather and I think today is the day. When I woke up it was in the low 50's. I had some food shopping to do...news last night mentioned some states in lockdown, so was up at 5 and finished that by 6:30 wearing my favorite grey turtleneck with skinny jeans and black ankle boots. It was dark and scary out, but the parking lot was 1/2 full.

The store was begining to put limits on certain items....Yep the old familiar TP....3 pkgs. per customer, same with paper towels and cleaning supplies. 

I'm grateful I have finished my clothing wishlist months ago. The sales have been outlandish. I stocked up on replacement bras, panties and nightgowns. Added an additional lightweight quilted black (shocker) coat w/ hood...waterproof. I tried for the 4th year to purchase knee high boots that are always near thigh high. I so want that look of tucking in the skinny jeans and adding the longer sweater. Oh well.

Last night Lifetime had another Hateful and Grateful movie...every Friday night. Hey, don't judge...couldn't find anything else. We had popcorn and made out...like a date when we were in college (TMI).

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@lolakimono  Glad to hear you're feeling better! By chance, are the steroids 'Prednisone' in the blister pack? I always have to take those for sinus infections and they do help quite a bit.

@Mimi 1883 

No- it's an extended release version that I take once a day.