Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 1/6

@jackthebear

I have a 28/29 inch inseam but not a petite rise, the best pants I have are Jones NY (not sure what the statues of the company currently is) they are ankle pants and fit perfectly.

@jackthebear wrote:

@Belle_Femme wrote:

Good morning, ladies!  Just finished my first cup of java after cleaning up the dinner dishes (have had a cold and just didn't feel up to it last night).  I looked out the kitchen window, and the thermometer reads 11 degrees below zero!  Good grief.  I have to leave later to pick up tissues since everyone in the house has a cold but am dreading facing this frozen tundra!

I actually am eyeing the Fly London shoe in pearl since I need a shoe in that color but probably will look for another style that will pack easier.  Planning for a cruise in the Spring.  I've lost a lot of weight, so I need new clothes - especially swimwear - but haven't seen them out yet.  

I ordered a pair of PLW jeans (the ankle pants since I'm 5'3"), and they fit great.  But I tried the same brand in another style in petite and couldn't even get my butt in them.  LOL.  Apparently, I'm not petite - just short.  Any pants/jeans suggestions for a gal with a long trunk but short legs?

Belle

petite jeans have a short rise so I think those wouldn't work for you ? 

I am your height and for example GAP jeans in petite are really small even in  a size up 

what about looking at high rise styles in ankle pants?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Belle_Femme wrote:

Good morning, ladies!  Just finished my first cup of java after cleaning up the dinner dishes (have had a cold and just didn't feel up to it last night).  I looked out the kitchen window, and the thermometer reads 11 degrees below zero!  Good grief.  I have to leave later to pick up tissues since everyone in the house has a cold but am dreading facing this frozen tundra!

I actually am eyeing the Fly London shoe in pearl since I need a shoe in that color but probably will look for another style that will pack easier.  Planning for a cruise in the Spring.  I've lost a lot of weight, so I need new clothes - especially swimwear - but haven't seen them out yet.  

I ordered a pair of PLW jeans (the ankle pants since I'm 5'3"), and they fit great.  But I tried the same brand in another style in petite and couldn't even get my butt in them.  LOL.  Apparently, I'm not petite - just short.  Any pants/jeans suggestions for a gal with a long trunk but short legs?

Belle

I am your height and for example GAP jeans in petite are really small even in  a size up 

Jack, that's what I lean toward - or if they have the pant in a "short" versus a petite, I can do that.  Do you have any suggestions for brands that offer those options?

Honored Contributor

@SoX

No. 

I even messaged CS when it came out, and asked about a video. Nada.  I'm guessing that since it's on clearance, they aren't going to be making a video anytime soon, LOL.

Since it's oblong, who cares what it looks like when opened!

I want it to wear with my boots!Cat Tongue

Shop the Old Gringo Jasmine Violet Boots L1286-14 at Rivertrail Mercantile.  Enjoy fast and free shipping on all Old Gringo Boots.

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Belle_Femme

I would think that petites would work for you.  Petite just means that you are 5'4" and under, so the proportions are shorter.

If your inseam is 28-29 (which is what I prefer as well) you should be fine.

I usually do petites, unless they are not available or if the "ankle" version is too short (like 24").  

For jeans, I have good luck with the L.L. Bean Signature line in their ankle jeans.

They have a pair on sale now (around $50) that I own in both colors-Item #: TK300274

Product Details

Call it an obsession, but we've spent years fine-tuning our skinny ankle jeans – and we've arrived at the perfect pair. They're crafted with all the right details, in ultrasoft denim with a hint of flattering stretch.

Modern Fit
Size & Fit
  • Modern Fit: Sits lowest on the waist.
  • Fitted through hip and thigh.
  • Skinny-leg.
  • Inseam: 28".

Fabric & Care
  • Indigo Wash: 99% cotton, 1% Lycra elastane.
  • White: 79% cotton, 19% rayon, 2% Lycra elastane.
  • Machine wash and dry.
Additional Features
  • Front welt pockets.
  • Cropped leg with ankle zippers.
  • Imported.

Lola, I love the way those look.  But I'm worried they'll be too short waisted for me.  I seriously have a long trunk.  I have to order extra long swimsuits if it's a one-piece.

Valued Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

original.jpeg

I hope I can get these in a length that will work for me!  I need more of the light wash for Spring.

Honored Contributor

@Belle_Femme

Go to the product and do "chat with an expert."  They have amazing CS and should be able to tell you the rise measurements.  The pair I referenced is not petite, just ankle length.  Most of their Signature line is a  32-33" inseam, so I can only do the ankle pants, unless I want to have them hemmed.

Honored Contributor

@Belle_Femme wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Belle_Femme wrote:

Belle

Jack, that's what I lean toward - or if they have the pant in a "short" versus a petite, I can do that.  Do you have any suggestions for brands that offer those options?

I don't right now but

take a look at Old Navy and see what they have,  Kohl's has tons of jeans on their website.

JCrew has high rise but they are too long for us except in ankle length and too expensive.  JC Factory might have.

If it were me I would just head to a shopping center and look,  in every store from Marshalls on up.  

but not today.

Let's see what @lolakimono finds 

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@jackthebear

I have a 28/29 inch inseam but not a petite rise, the best pants I have are Jones NY (not sure what the statues of the company currently is) they are ankle pants and fit perfectly.

@jackthebear wrote:

@Belle_Femme wrote:

Belle

Thanks, oxox!  Sounds like we have that in common.

Honored Contributor

Again I dare to think What Is Leah wearing, 3 pieces piled on that do not necessarily mesh together.

1 white collared short 

2. print round neck top

3. a horrible cardigan

Come on who styles this woman

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Happy, Happy New Year everybody.  I'm going to catch up on the posts.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise