Respected Contributor

Re: A. M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 1-2-2020

Happy New Year to all.

@LTT1  One option that makes tearing down boxes much easier is to wet them. In good weather, I put them in the driveway and use the hose. Another option is to use a scissors to slit across the section folds and to make cuts to start where you want to rip.

This week, I've been pulling everything out of my kitchen cupboards that I haven't used for months+ and washing them by hand - crystal, trays, some pans, etc. I've also purged some things that didn't make my 1st purge. I'll move on to other cupboards, drawers, & closets for purging and laundering/washing.

I've made good on my self-promise to not order items that are shipped via Mail Innovations, so my orders from the Q have gone down to < 2 items/month since Oct. (but I did send 2 items to a sibling, 1 that was lost by USPS & QVC was kind enough to replace.) I don't want to trek back from the block's mailbox station balancing envelopes & packages/small boxes & have to walk back to get what I dropped (I use a bag too & pkgs. don't fit.) I paid extra for shipping on the couple items I did buy, & that deters me from ordering here. There hasn't been much that has caught my eye on the Q lately anyway.

I've continued to research & write my 11th novel, although the general topic/setting seems like work sometimes.

I bought this sherpa set from Macy's online to wear around the house when I don't cover up with a robe or throw over my clothes. More of a way to keep warm than fashion.

image.pngimage.png

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Happy New Year everyone. Hope and pray things get better sooner rather than later.

Used an Amazon gift card to order the new book about royal fashion, it's called HRH-So Many Thoughts On Royal Style. It's supposed to be delivered today. Can no longer post about royal fashion here, because of course at least one person will take it off topic. Was something I always enjoyed. So now I can enjoy this book.

Since my late Mom & my mil were both born in England, I love everything Royal too.  Enjoy your new book.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desert Lily wrote:

Happy New Year to all.

@LTT1  One option that makes tearing down boxes much easier is to wet them. In good weather, I put them in the driveway and use the hose. Another option is to use a scissors to slit across the section folds and to make cuts to start where you want to rip.

This week, I've been pulling everything out of my kitchen cupboards that I haven't used for months+ and washing them by hand - crystal, trays, some pans, etc. I've also purged some things that didn't make my 1st purge. I'll move on to other cupboards, drawers, & closets for purging and laundering/washing.

I've made good on my self-promise to not order items that are shipped via Mail Innovations, so my orders from the Q have gone down to < 2 items/month since Oct. (but I did send 2 items to a sibling, 1 that was lost by USPS & QVC was kind enough to replace.) I don't want to trek back from the block's mailbox station balancing envelopes & packages/small boxes & have to walk back to get what I dropped (I use a bag too & pkgs. don't fit.) I paid extra for shipping on the couple items I did buy, & that deters me from ordering here. There hasn't been much that has caught my eye on the Q lately anyway.

I've continued to research & write my 11th novel, although the general topic/setting seems like work sometimes.

I bought this sherpa set from Macy's online to wear around the house when I don't cover up with a robe or throw over my clothes. More of a way to keep warm than fashion.

image.pngimage.png

Desert Lily, I love your new mint green outfit.  It's one of my favorite colors and I have seen a few other things in that color.  If I ever get into a store again and see that color, I will buy it.  Good job on getting another novel written.  When my DH and I went on "shut down" last March for what we thought would be for two weeks, we decided to go on an entire house deep cleaning spree.  We did just like you did & got rid of things from every drawer and closet in the house.  We miss none of it & the house still looks.

Glenda.  

Honored Contributor

@dsw503 wrote:
Very pretty wrap and wonderful that it is wool! Two questions for you about this wrap: 1. Will you secure it with a pin? I struggle keeping wraps closed, so that is why I am asking. 2. What do you think about the seller sending you something you haven't ordered? Is it more likely that you will shop with them again? I am going to set up an Etsy shop for handcrafted jewelry and have thought about offering a bonus pair of earrings with a bracelet or necklace. I wondered how that would be viewed by the buyer. Thanks for sharing! I appreciate your contributions to board!

@dsw503 

Both wraps are wool but I only have one in my possession.  I will either pin it, knot it or drape it. Since I am teaching from home now, I can easily drape items because I don't have to worry about them flopping around walking betweeen buildings or going up and down stairs all day. I have a collection of brooches that I pin things with, but I try to do it without putting a hole in the scarf/wrap.  I do have these (below), but I find that it takes more than one for them to hold an item effectively.  Sometimes i will make a knot with a clear pony tail holder and secure a pin through the loop so that I don't damage the scarf.

one_magnapin

I have received a few "gifts" from Etsy sellers. Sometimes it's a handwritten note with a story about the item and a thank you with something small like a chocolate or a tea bag. 

I just ordered two ponchos and a wrap from a Mexican seller on Etsy in November.  When I hearted the items I was considering, a discount appeared in my inbox just because I liked them.  That I most definitely appreciate.  I have also received a pair of socks (Etsy seller from Mexico) and when I bought my fish necklace and bracelet, the seller added bonus earrings.  I have pierced ears, but I do not wear earrings so those would definitely be a regift. I have no idea what the bonus wrap will look like, and she mentioned that it has a few pin holes, but she's a vintage seller so maybe she thought I wouldn't mind.  I don't know if she based the bonus wrap off of the colors from what I chose in my purchase.

I do like to know when things go on sale, or when I can combine shipping. I just did that on a recent order.  

Usually the things I find on Etsy are "one of a kind" so it's not expected that I would purchase from the same shop again, but I might be more likely to "favorite" the shop or write a review with a gift. I think it's nice to include that it will be coming, so people don't think you tried to charge them for something extra.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono - PBI! I know I'm not a regular here, and I'm usually not able to watch A.M. Style (or up in time to if I don't have a meeting or prep work), but I'm not interested in exercise equipment so I haven't watched QVC all day. 

I just had to comment on your purchase of the Tolani wrap - EXQUISITE! That will definitely be a head turner! Enjoy!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

84AC5247-0C8E-4B94-9B16-9D961A6A347E.jpeg

@lolakimono 

helped me find this!

@LTT1 the necklace is so beautiful.  Where did you find it?

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono 

helped me find this!

@NYCLatinaMe 

I first saw this necklace on Stitch Fix....it sold out quickly.

'I told @lolakimono  about how much I liked it and that I couldn't find it anywhere and ALL of two seconds later, she found it for me on ASOS.

It is by "All Saints.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@lolakimono - PBI! I know I'm not a regular here, and I'm usually not able to watch A.M. Style (or up in time to if I don't have a meeting or prep work), but I'm not interested in exercise equipment so I haven't watched QVC all day. 

I just had to comment on your purchase of the Tolani wrap - EXQUISITE! That will definitely be a head turner! Enjoy!  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom 

Thank you so much!

Pink + paisley- what's not to love? 

The only thing that could make it better would be CATS! Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono 

helped me find this!

@NYCLatinaMe 

I first saw this necklace on Stitch Fix....it sold out quickly.

'I told @lolakimono  about how much I liked it and that I couldn't find it anywhere and ALL of two seconds later, she found it for me on ASOS.

It is by "All Saints.

Lots of pretty jewelry!  Not familiar with this brand.  Thanks @LTT1 and @lolakimono!

Honored Contributor

@SoX
Your horse bracelet is a beauty!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~