Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 7:00, 1/11

I had a total gym and it was in the family room.  Then I moved it into the basement because I wasn't using it in the family room,lol.  Then I had to move it back upstairs when I sold it on facebook.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good morning @twinny70  and @Caaareful Shopper !

Honored Contributor

How are things going at work @lolakimono ?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Dawnie 

i am so very sorry to hear this.❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Lola, I slept in this morning.  I have had tendonitis in my left elbow for a few months.  Yesterday, I had labs/Dr follow-up with my rheumatologist. Thus, a cortisone shot.  All I can say is OUCH!  Last night ice and a pain pill were my best friends.  It's still sore this morning so I will soon be using a heating pad.

Bird Mama, we had an ice storm last night but it could have been worse.  No snow yet, but it looks like we will get 3-5" overnight .

PinkDogwood,  I was glad to see the update on your DH.

Dawnie, hugs and prayers are coming your way.

My DH and I joined the Wellness Center at our local senior citizen center this week.  We were both sore after the orientation.  Things are going well now.  I only use 4 of the machines out of the 24 pieces.  Mostly pedal for 5 minutes on each of them. I know my limit.  It's been fun because we know a lot of people there & it's too cold for me to be out walking around this time of year.

Because of my cortisone shot yesterday, I can not go back to the gym until Monday.  Nothing strenuous either so I am going to have a lazy weekend.  I hope that we don't get a ton of snow overnight because my DH is on his own until Monday.

Nothing exciting going on around here this weekend.  No shopping for sure.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

How are things going at work @lolakimono ?

@Bird mama 

B-U-S-Y

My exams are next week, upperclassmen are scheduling, middle schoolers will be scheduling soon, and we have been doing make up testing (for graduation).  I got stuck for two hours the other day proctoring, when I was supposed to check students in and roll, because two teachers who WERE supposed to give the test called out. Cat Mad  Then we will need to do their semester grades and it's meeting season, since we lost some regularly scheduled meeting times due to break.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

For my fair (isle) maidens, LLB has this sweater in a cotton ragg, in NAVY! 

Item #: TA509390

Cotton Ragg Sweater, Marled Fair Isle

Cotton Ragg Sweater, Marled Fair Isle

Lola,I love the look of this sweater.  It brings back good memories of when I had one back in the 60's. It was a BF sweater.  Ha.  Ha.  

Trusted Contributor

Good morning all!  Had to get one of the cars in for service this AM so late to the party!  Hope all had a great week.  

@Bird mama Thanks for the laugh!  Reminded me of my good friend (now passed)  whose famous phrase was "Sweet Jesus" 

Hope you love the Pilates machine.  Beware..It sometimes doesn't feel like a workout until the next morning...My old muscles and bones scream at me the following day. 

@lolakimono @twinny70 @LTT1 @jackthebear have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, ladies!

I'm sorry @lolakimono  that I haven't been joining you. I really miss it, but it's just so early.

I've been on break since 12/21 and we return on Monday. I am soooo ready to go back.  My DH and his friends are all in retirement mode and while I love them dearly, I'm not ready yet. Teaching is exhausting, but at the same time, the kids charge my batteries. It's impossible not to get revved up when you're in that environment.  

The weather here is so weird compared to back east.  I've been walking at 7 am every morning and it's 36° today. In a few hours it will be lovely, but right now I'll have to bundle up because I don't own an actual winter coat.

IMG_4096.jpg

In any case, I just wanted to drop by and say hello.  Most Saturdays I try to read through this thread to see how you're all doing.  I know some of you are dealing with heavy stuff and I want you to know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

@Bird mama 

I posted a pic on the FB page recently of my new grand-birdie, but as I now understand it you can't view that page. 

It's a 9 week old parrot and it's potty trained - which makes me a very proud grandma!

IMG_4098.JPG

Well, I hope I didn't miss you all completely this morning.  Please know that I miss being a weekly part of this group.  DH is set on moving east when I retire... so please keep the group going until I'm in the same time zone!

Wishing you all a nice, cozy weekend :-)

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

A message for our Style Sisters from OXOX-

She has been in the hospital since before the New Year and has just been released.  She will be back later, but she wanted you to know that she is on the mend and will be back with her kick butt attitude.

Heart