Respected Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 6/27

Hey everyone.  Good to see all the usual suspects are up and about this morning.  It is raining - HARD - this morning, and likely to continue all day.  That is a bad thing, because I can't do my work outside, but a good thing because it gives me a bit of a break.

Catching up:

1.  Dad is doing OK; so far, so good on the followup scans.  He comes outside and keeps me company while hubby and I are doing some heavy landscaping at their house.  I put in his garden for him, and he is watching it grow.

2.  Mom has been through an awful rouch patch - one of the main reasons I have been absent from boards and basically, everything except concentrating on her these past few months.

3.  Sister - worse than mom, if such a thing can be true.  Her mental health really deteriorated and she ended up in the hospital for a bit.  I finally got fed up with her current physician, bit the bullet, and took her to neuro department at the Clinic.  She is somehwat more stable now, but keeping good services for her is key, and that is a really difficult task.

So this morning I was up and at the bakery at 6:00 a.m. to order my dad's birthday cake.  Mom's eldest sister is having a family gathering tonight, and we are celebrating dad's birthday at the same time.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Faerie - Lola started it (rofl).  She's trying to confuse us. Man Tongue

Mission accomplished!!!laughing

Honored Contributor

I would like to understand this, too...
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Seriously, this cat is obsessed with the weight.  It is now on the other side of the room as she has moved it with her.  I have given up being able to use the weights as she's always on them (resting or snuggling).  What a weirdo!

Honored Contributor

LTT - many of the normal cooties are going to come as a shock to your daughter.  I will admit - as a kid I never had weird things like that and did arch my eyebrow when I heard about Bella.  Kids are exposed to other kids and other play environments earlier these days and it's bound to happen.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Okay, for me personally, the IM peplum top is only flattering if I am trying to pretend I'm pregnant.  And at my age, not a good look.

Even back when it was a TSV I thought it had a Judy Jetson look.thinking

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, ladies!  There are lots of comments to read, and I just got on-line.

I emptied my linen and coat closets (it looks like an episode from "Hoarders" in my living room and hallway).  The wire shelving was removed and the walls were patched and painted.  Now, I need to wait for the new closet installation.  I gave away 4 coats, a set of sheets, and some cleaning supplies.  I still have way too many coats, and need to try them on to see what I want to keep, what I should take to consignment, and what I should give away.  It's warm here, so I don't really like trying on winter coats, but it's something I need to do.  (I bought most of these coats from QVC -- Dennis Basso mostly).

I took some clothes to consignment earlier this week.  The owner told me she wouldn't take anything that was purchased from QVC.  She will only take designer-type clothes.  I told her several of the pieces I brought in were from a designer who sold the clothes on QVC.  She said they clothes were well-designed but not "well executed".  She also won't take Chico's clothes any longer.  They sold well 5 years ago, but not any more.  So I brought most of the clothes home, and put them back in my closet.  Have any of you tried to sell QVC clothes at a consignment store?

Honored Contributor

Good morning ladies

Scotchguard is a waterproofing process that can be used on anything, I have sprayed my leather boots with it at times

---------

@Bird mama wrote:

Lola - I knew you would love them.  My boots came with a little polisher thing and the boot had a tag on it that mentions 3M scotchguard.  I've never heard of scotchguard on a boot.  Did yourd have a tag on it ?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Lola - I knew you would love them.  My boots came with a little polisher thing and the boot had a tag on it that mentions 3M scotchguard.  I've never heard of scotchguard on a boot.  Did yourd have a tag on it ?

Not that I noticed, but I can look in the box once BF gets up and tells me where he stashed it.

Honored Contributor

@Fav Son, we have been concerned about you. Glad you are ok, and the family is doing as well as they are. I'm happy you have rain so you can keep us company this morning.
"To each their own, in all things".