Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 6/15, 7:00

@twinny70 

I saved this picture; it made me think of you!

122FB921-B4B4-4777-9849-340ADC94EB73.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

Just to let you know...I’m keeping you in my 🙏🏻

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

greeneyedlady, I don't buy much from QVC anymore.  Now that I can get out & about, I do enjoy a shopping day here and there.  Fatigue is my biggest problem, so I am good for one store & then lunch and another store.  

LTT1, I am mostly on the Shopoholics forum.  Cute moped picture.  My moped is lime green and white.    I had a PE in January and thought that I wouldn't live to celebrate my next birthday two weeks later.  Then in March while we were trying to celebrate our 49h wedding anniversary with our bf's, my DH broke out in a profuse sweat.  I had the hostess at Applebee's call for an ambulance.  He was there for 3 days.  I had lunch with our friends at the hospital cafeteria.  He has had carotid artery tests, MRI, EKG Holter Monitor test, stress test at this hospital and our local Clinic.  All they could find was dehydration.  That's why he has an appointment with a neurosurgeon in July.  He had an appointment for next Monday, but It was cancelled because the Dr. has a surgery to do that day.

He is still recovering from the Legionaire's Disease that he had in September.  

We are looking forward to seeing our DD and her family tomorrow.  We are going to a nice Italian restaurant in town.  Our dgs graduated from HS June 1st & his graduation party is on July 6th.  I can't believe that he will be going off to college in September.  

Honored Contributor

It was a really nice day at the pool, a little windy but spent it chatting with lots of friends, which really makes the day fly by, 4 1/2 hours in the sun is more than enough for us

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Since Unilever is buying Tatcha, do you think Vicki Tsai will stay with the company?

takes the cash and stays for a bit

Honored Contributor

Went back for my paper towel holder. The wine glasses were still there so I got them. Yes it's the inexpensive Waterford, made in Germany not Ireland.

But they're beautiful and I love them. My Mom never even had Marquis Waterford glasses, she would love these. They're the Brady pattern, great for a Patriots fan like me.  A set of four in that pattern is $40 average online, I paid $15.

I stayed for an hour at the children's party, I texted them in advance to let them know I couldn't stay long. I barely know them and I don't want to be disrespectful but oh boy...I'll leave it at I was ready to leave after about 20 min.

Kids were complaining they were hot, no umbrellas or anything else for shade. It's great to do a party on a budget, but literally four chairs for at least 30 kids and adults is not being a decent host. One family brought their own chairs, guess they knew in advance lol

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono  Congrats on the end of the school year!

@Bird mama  That polka dot jacket is darling!

Sox, you're so lucky to have the 60's in the morning. I hope it lasts.

It's a little after 5pm here, and I spent most of the afternoon melting outside. I had a leak in the sprinkler system and turned part of it off yesterday, so I kept running out with numerous pitchers of water for the trees. One of my small shrubs has been burning in the sun, so I dug around and pulled it out. The landscaper arrived and I watched him repair the system. He was kind enough again to take more items that I'm purging, so I hauled them outside. This was one of those days that I took a 2nd shower.

This week I bought a pair of sandals from the Q,  #A346894 in pale pink. I'm still waiting for the 2 chests I ordered to come in from backorder status. I've been home this week writing on my current novel and staying up 'til almost dawn some nights. I like the beginning of it but dislike the middle, so I'm deleting and rewriting. One of the character's traits was so dark/evil, that it was creeping me out ... and I'm the one writing the character into the story. Lol, go figure. I like to write quirky stories that include some tragedies, but not scary thrillers.

I'm off to Target now to get an iced mocha as my reward for working outside and purging, and to give myself energy to continue rewriting tonight. At least that's how I'm rationalizing the mocha. I hope I don't come home with a cartful of Target items.

Enjoy Father's Day weekend, Fashionistas.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily   after all of that work in the yard you deserve an iced mocha, and then some Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono @Bird mama 

The fabrics make life difficult sometimes.

If the manufacturers would include a bit of cotton in the mix = better.

I finally went into our JCP at the mall...it is VERY HUGE!

So, it looks like I need to get more acquainted with it.❤️ Tempting!

I tossed my perfectly favorite cotton canvas cargo shorts a few years ago. (Cost? $15 Columbia)

Try finding ones like them now! The only shorts with pockets and cotton that I can find this season are at

LLB. Too expensive right now.

great store for this is Sierra Trading post,  not sure how many stores there are but they are expanding.

it's now a division of TJX companies,

it's all outdoor activities shoes and accessories 

Honored Contributor

it's sunday but there is an AMS

what do you all think about SG's TSV dress,  kind of like it,

but you all know I am a bargain shopper to the close to $50 makes me stop,  but it's actually nice