Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 6/15, 7:00

Also I forgot because I try to forget clothing purchases that I shouldn't be making...I bought a pair of straight leg tall Brooke Shields jeans from E Bay for $17 with shipping. Her jeans get pretty good reviews here but no way for me with the price just to try them on.

I got an 8, even if they're tight I'm keeping as motivation for that price. They're dark blue.

I love that Home Goods store but holy smokes trying to get around it is a nightmare. They have to be violating every ADA law. My Mom and I used to talk about that in certain stores, I miss shopping with her so much. Miss everything about her, including how she could make me laugh in any situation.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, Style Sisters 

Another cool morning (64 degrees) ... I could get used to this.   

We went to the Sox/Yankees game yesterday (last night, actually) ... I tagged along with my son, who took DH for Father's Day.  Of course we had a ball as the SoX won 10-2!

I did some damage at J Crew during their extra 40% off sale this past week ... three blouses (no, four), three cashmere sweaters; and a field jacket which will come in handy during this cool weather.  Most have already been delivered ... could never say that about the Q's orders.  I'm really all set for fall!

Esteemed Contributor

It's been a fun shopping week around here.  On Monday, we went to Dubuque about an hour away.  We had a 30% off coupon for Kohl's.   I bought 2 button  down shirts with short sleeves by Candies.  They will  be perfect for my infusions.    One is light blue with a subtle print  & the  other one is a leopard print.  Then I bought a  red skort.  They were $17.50 each.  I haven't wore a skort since I was a kid.  Then I went to Sally Beauty to buy my favorite comb.  I lost my other one on vacation.

yesterday, we went to our local Shopko store which is going out of business in a few days.  I bought 2 lipsticks for 30¢ each & another one for 70¢, a rose colored shiny like shell for $2.40 that will be nice under a jacket, 3 silicone rings for $4.  My dd wears them for tae kwon do & I really like them.  Then I bought a 5 at pan with a frying basket for $8 from $19.99.  My DH was happy to get a pair of Asic's running shoes for $28 from $69.  

I went to bed at 10 last night so that I could join you ladies at 6:00.  I woke up at 1:00 a.m. & laid awake for 3 hours.

Our annual balloon rally started at 6;00 last night, but It was a No Go because of the windy weather.  I don't know if they went up at 6:00 this morning. They are supposed to go up tonight, but we are supposed to get a lot of rain.  Right now it's nice and 🌞🌞🌞.

Honored Contributor

@SoX 

I saw these Sox-y sneakers- Adidas X Missoni.

Adidas X Missoni - x Missoni Women's Ultraboost Knit Sneakers

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@SoX 

I saw these Sox-y sneakers- Adidas X Missoni.

Adidas X Missoni - x Missoni Women's Ultraboost Knit Sneakers

cute , i have a pair of knit adidas I like them,   but that heel thing can be uncomfortable 

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono 

Really cute sneaks, Lola! 

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, the breeze is picking up and it feels a little chilly outside this morning.  I was up before the show started and figured it would be nice to sit on the patio to let Grayson get some fresh air before the rain starts.

I picked up 2 t-shirts, a short sleeved blouse and polka dot denim jacket from Kmart on Tuesday.  I love that store Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

has there been any fashion or just Tatcha?

again with the story:  they need some new ways to sell this stuff

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

Is this your jacket?

Cute!

Better not tell @SharkE ! Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

I had to run to turn on the coffee pot.  Breakfast is going to be my homemade granola cereal and fresh strawberries.  Lunch is blt's.  I have all of the fixings.

Tonight is Date Night.  We are going out to dinner at the restaurant/sports bar where we had our first date 50 years ago on Ground Hog Day.  We used to go there every Saturday night and "danced the night away. "  They have wonderful broasted 🐔🐔🐔 & salad bar.  Although it's been kind of a rough 9 months for both of us with medical issues, we are enjoying life at It's fullest.  I am going to wear my new red skort and a new white top that I bought a few weeks ago.  

I hope that you all have a nice weekend.