Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 6/14/14

On 6/14/2014 Bird mama said:
On 6/14/2014 capatosta said:

Do you believe that a capelet sleeve slenderizing the (fatty) arm? I don't.

Success is the best revenge Cap, and she WILL be successful and get through this.

First comment from capatosta .. no for the cap sleeves... I thought same... NOT SLENDERIZING!

Second comment from Bird... ITA

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Cap,

Get DD to an attorney, STAT!

Make sure she takes money out of the joint account (if they have one) and deposits it into an account IN HER NAME ONLY and at a different bank. Get it out before he has access to it.

Change the locks on the doors, STAT!

Get a P.O. Box in her name for bills and correspondence with the attorney.

Start noting everything with dates- not sure about in OH, but if he left her, "abandonment" might apply and she might not have to provide him with spousal support.

Also, if DD is gainfully employed with a 401K/retirement, see if she can update beneficiaries until this is settled.

Honored Contributor

Last year I bought FOUR Susan Graver butter knit tees to use as "staples in my wardrobe".. under jackets and cardigans. I wore each one once. I thought I would die of suffocation. That fabric is positively awful.

I have one of her liquid knit camp style shirts that I do wear and like, but the butter knit is horrible.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Hi ladies, wanted to check in, I see the kittens are having fun and Lola has found some great shoes as always. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I'm editing my final video project for the course so am offline for the weekend. Next week you can tell me what I've missed. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Be well everyone!

Honored Contributor

On 6/14/2014 house_cat said:

Do you believe that a capelet sleeve slenderizing the (fatty) arm? I don't.

Thanks HC and BIRD....there is so much more but its not the place to air it. Thank goodness DD has lots of good friends and of course our family and our friends are rallying around a bunch. She is well-loved for her big heart and her crazy sense of humor. Bless her.

I hate cap sleeves. For me it's either sleeveless or longer, like elbow or long sleeves.

Does your daughter have children, cap?

HC...thank goodness no children. She was very depressed that it wasn't happening, however, now we see it as a blessing. When he is gone, he is gone...and it is the best thing on so many levels. So much that we didn't even know about, like verbal abuse for one. And spyware on her computer for example....WHA-A-A-T???? I guess when you never work you have time to be more weird.

My dear friend had a husband like that. 25 years and two kids later she finally had enough of him. It's harder to let go the longer it goes on. You probably don't see it as a blessing right now, but I suspect there are much better things coming for her.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 6/14/2014 lolakimono said:

Cap,

Get DD to an attorney, STAT!

Make sure she takes money out of the joint account (if they have one) and deposits it into an account IN HER NAME ONLY and at a different bank. Get it out before he has access to it.

Change the locks on the doors, STAT!

Get a P.O. Box in her name for bills and correspondence with the attorney.

Start noting everything with dates- not sure about in OH, but if he left her, "abandonment" might apply and she might not have to provide him with spousal support.

Also, if DD is gainfully employed with a 401K/retirement, see if she can update beneficiaries until this is settled.

Great advice, lola.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Purchased:

To lounge around house in for pj pants and this:

Denim & Co crochet sweater

Honored Contributor

Girl, you know I LOVE those paisley pants! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Honored Contributor

Bye, Run! Have a great week! The project sounds fascinating!

Honored Contributor

On 6/14/2014 lolakimono said:

Girl, you know I LOVE those paisley pants! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Well, don't I know it, girlfriend??? XOXOX