Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 6/14/14

On 6/14/2014 lolakimono said:
On 6/14/2014 Bird mama said:

Oh Bird,

Did you hear Stacey discussing your half slip? {#emotions_dlg.sad}

No I didn't. Presto was on my foreman biting a freckle. Please enlighten me - what did she say?

thought she had to have one, bought it, sat in the back of her closet, no one wears those nowadays because of the excellent shapewear options on the market...

I mostly try not to buy anything that would require one, but I keep a couple in my closet. There are professional occasions where showing your silhouette, even with shape wear, simply isn't appropriate. Of course I'm a dinosaur.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 6/14/2014 capatosta said:

Do you believe that a capelet sleeve slenderizing the (fatty) arm? I don't.

Thanks HC and BIRD....there is so much more but its not the place to air it. Thank goodness DD has lots of good friends and of course our family and our friends are rallying around a bunch. She is well-loved for her big heart and her crazy sense of humor. Bless her.

Success is the best revenge Cap, and she WILL be successful and get through this.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Thanks HC and BIRD....there is so much more but its not the place to air it. Thank goodness DD has lots of good friends and of course our family and our friends are rallying around a bunch. She is well-loved for her big heart and her crazy sense of humor. Bless her.

Maybe this is too personal... but... any kids in this situation?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

On 6/14/2014 joannecha said:

Looking for a pair of dark olive capris, but I'm 5'1.5, so I need petites. Not sure if QVC has any of those. Everyone have a great Saturday.

JCP has these in petites for $19.99.

St. John’s Bay® Secretly Slender Capris

Honored Contributor

I hate cap sleeves. For me it's either sleeveless or longer, like elbow or long sleeves.

Does your daughter have children, cap?

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

On 6/14/2014 snickster said:
On 6/14/2014 Bird mama said:

Oh Bird,

Did you hear Stacey discussing your half slip? {#emotions_dlg.sad}

No I didn't. Presto was on my foreman biting a freckle. Please enlighten me - what did she say?

thought she had to have one, bought it, sat in the back of her closet, no one wears those nowadays because of the excellent shapewear options on the market...

I can attest to the fact that skimmies do not work for everything.

BIRD>>>why do you have a FOREMAN at your house this early on a SAturday. Do you pay union wages!!! TEE HEE!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't anything resembling a shaper, unless you count my lined bras. I haven't had a panty girdle since I was a young girl and used them 'once a month'. I don't know what happened to my slips either. Now I am going to have to buy a couple before they disappear altogether.

Honored Contributor

OK here are my purchases from EP (evil pay) day... a D&C crochet tunic and Dr D illuminating face serum. There's more... I will think on it. But not purchased w/EP. Oh, pj pants. great fit!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

On 6/14/2014 house_cat said:

I hate cap sleeves. For me it's either sleeveless or longer, like elbow or long sleeves.

Does your daughter have children, cap?

HC...thank goodness no children. She was very depressed that it wasn't happening, however, now we see it as a blessing. When he is gone, he is gone...and it is the best thing on so many levels. So much that we didn't even know about, like verbal abuse for one. And spyware on her computer for example....WHA-A-A-T???? I guess when you never work you have time to be more weird.

Honored Contributor

BIRD>>>why do you have a FOREMAN at your house this early on a SAturday. Do you pay union wages!!! TEE HEE!!!

OMG - I meant fore arm.