Respected Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 6:00, 9/30

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

Good morning. Oh, no I missed the first hour. I did not know it started early. Did you see the one day only set of two tunics by susan graver? I only have three tops from her, but I am a sucker for paisley. I really like that.The only thing is that I am only 5 feet tall would it be too long for me?

@Squirrel Lover Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!  Cancel it now!  I am 5'4 and I have to watch the length of her tops.  I have several Susan G tops and I shy away from her tunics because they're too long for even me.  I've also returned a few for the sleeves being way too long.  

Honored Contributor

On the shopping front, I ordered a different pair of embroidered (near the pocket) jeans from my store.  What can I say, they were $20, I had to try them.  The photo shows them rolled up and I am hoping the inseam will be long enough for me (I did buy a tall size) when I unroll the leg.

I fell in love with a style of yoga pants under the Xersion brand (again my store) years ago.  I kid you not, I still have some that are more than 5 years old that held up well.  Xersion started to make them more like hip huggers so I stopped buying them.

Low and behold last weekend, I see the style I loved back in stock.  Again, crazy sale so I ordered 2 pair for me and 2 for my middle sister.  Well, they arrived yesterday.  I figured if I ordered a medium I would be able to accommodate any shrinking from washing them.

Errrr - the medium fit like a tight small so I guess that's out, lol.  Seeing as I have a dresser drawer full of different brand yoga pants, I'm wondering if I should try again and size up or just forget about it.

I texted my sister last night and told her my experience with my size.  I don't think the size she asked for is going to fit her like she hoped either.

Today I am going to my youngest niece's place to celebrate her daughter's 6th birthday (real day was 9-27).  The usual rolling on the floor with kids (any kids) is out today because Thursday night I fell on a daybed side rail and did a number on my right ribcage.  It was so freaky how it happened, I can't even describe it, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

Tired, in a word.

I went back to the pre-appendix schedule: 4:45 wake up, out the door by 5:00 to get some gym time, home after 6:00 to eat breakfast, pack lunch, shower, and head to work a bit after 7:00, and at school until they turn the AC off and it gets too hot to be there without it.

Wash, rinse, repeat.  Cat Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  It's going to take time to regain your strength.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

So ladies on Thursday night we went out to the storage bin in the garage, took out the three plastic box-bags with winter tops and pants.

Sorting out the items was yesterday's project.. Washed the items that had the garage smell (see below and ) later or tomorrow all will be put away, this collection comes from many years of collection and culling thought my wardrobe

IMG_1528.JPG

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

had to run out and order a new dishwasher

just died when I am hosting people tonight

timing 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono@jackthebear@I am still oxox@Bird mama@Blingqueen023@capatosta@Dawnie

and everyone

It has been a nice day to "see" everyone and catch up. 

Wishing all a pleasant week ahead!"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Lola, I just got up & AMS is 1/2 over.  Glad that you are back to school.  Take care of yourself.  Oh no about your girl cat!

LTT, I am later than you.  Ha.  Ha.  Prayers for your bil for a full recovery.

Quality Girl & SNICK'S hi.

Eliana, hoping that your BF's mom will be o.k. Enjoy your late summer BBQ.

Sox, fall is my favorite time of the year.  I am loving the 50's at night & 70's by day. It is sunny & should be upper 60's today & then a couple of 80's.  

gmkb, bless your heart.  After so many unpleasant Dr. appointments, tests etc.  I am glad that you had a nice birthday.    I also enjoyed the Catherine Zeta Jones presentation.  She is s lovely lady.

Since yesterday was national COFFEE DAY, I bought a bag of pumpkin latte. I am off to make some. 

Esteemed Contributor

It is a beautiful sunny cool day.  I got groceries & did my walk.  It is supposed to be 80° by tomorrow.

Yesterday we went to see our dgs..  He was given the o.k. to return to school part-time on Thursday.  He has AP English & calculus in the morning & just barely got through when our dd had to pick him up.

His leg is very black & blue from the soccer Injury & surgery from last weekend.  Our dd was teary eyed & said it is like getting up with a baby except he can tell them what's wrong.

They got him a shower bench & hand held shower head, & he is in his sister's bedroom which is right next to the master bathroom.  Our dd has been sleeping on the floor because he needs to get up in the night.  She said that it is almost like camping.

He wasn't able to go to school yesterday.  He was in bed the whole time that we were up there.  He has a wheelchair at  home & the school has one, but he wasn't able to keep his leg elevated.  His younger brother told our dd that it is like a posse.  One Buddy pushes him & the rest follow.

He is in good spirits so far.  He has a Dr. appointment next Wednesday, so we are praying that all goes well.