Esteemed Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 6:00, 9/28

Snick's, I am late to the party like you are.

We got back home on Sunday night and we had a fabulous two week vacation.  Our to do list of going to OK & NM was accomplished.  Now our last state to visit is LA.    

I bought a red/blue l. sleeved shirt at Van Heusen  at an ooutlet mall in Branson for $20.00 & an infinity scarf in metallic maroon & gold for $1.99.  Not worn  together though.

It was a hot vacation, but the sightseeing was great.  It's been in the 70's back home, but we are in for a rainy weekend.

I hope that you all have a nice weekend.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I have a facebook question.  I've looked high and low online and can't see to find a straight answer.

I deactivated my facebook account 2 weeks ago.  After I deactivated facebook, I downloaded their stupid messenger app on my phone and then deactivated messenger.

I usually don't fuss with facebook on the phone and there was no way to deactivate messenger on the computer - I had to do it with the app and only had messenger lite on the phone.

Anyway.... if I sign back into facebook, will it automatically reactivate FB messenger?

Anyone know?

I don't know I never added messenger to my phone that is insidious

I would sign into Facebook again and delete everything out in settings and lock down as much as you can and sign out as well as change the password.  ugh FBk never goes away.

and delete the app from your phone and restart it  

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono  I love your Sundance purchases. Since I've been noticing the hairstyles in some of the other pics you posted, it's probably time for me to change mine.

@Bird mama  the world is a better place with your dedication to our feathered friends

I spent the morning outside watching my new tree get planted. There's something almost magic in planting a tree. It will stand majestically for decades while giving to our environment. I've lived in several states and planted shrubs, trees, vegetables, and flowers in each one. We may have left, but perhaps some of what was planted remains.

I took my older sweetheart (dog) for a vet visit this week. In fashion, I bought the Louis plaid blazer in caramel this week and have corduroy leggings that I think will match.

I don't mind most of the eyeglass frames I've seen on the Q, but to me there's something up with the lenses.

Happy Weekend, Fashionistas!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey, style sisters ... 

Was out late last night and had wine with and after dinner ... didn't even open my eyes until noon.  Just caught up on the thread ... 

Received two items this week from the Q ... this H by Halston leather and suede moto jacket was an LTS for  $102.  Funny how a great reduction in price lured me.   But, ladies ... this is a killer jacket and if you're interested, it's gone up in price, but still a bargain.  A311559 ...

Image result for h by halston leather and suede jacket

The other jacket (of course) is the Linea leather/knit in Olive ... which was on sale during fashion week:

Image result for linea by louis dell'olio lamb leather jacket with knit sleeves

I have some Halston essential turtleneck tops ... also on LTS ... A311525 ... coming that will be great with both jackets.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama 

Nice sweaters ... I have a couple of "speckled" collarless sweaters that remind me of yours.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good evening everyone!

I wanted to join in today but we had several bad storms last night and woke up to a tree fallen in the yard, furniture blown off of the porch, pots of flowers blown over, and a mess of leaves and limbs.  By 8:00, my husband had the chain saw going.  He likes using the chain saw!    We worked hard today.  Fortunately though, our home wasn't damaged.  I am baking a cake for tomorrow and wanted to read what everyone was up to this week. 

Apparently, I didn't miss much on AM Style- a Christmas tree already?!?! 

I've made too many purchases in recent weeks so I am going to have to cut back for a while. I've become obsessed with Martha's faux bois items.  Argh!   

@twinny70 

Sounds like a great trip!  You and your husband inspire me!

@Bird mama 

I would love to get with you and learn more about birds.   You have a loving heart for people and creatures. 

@SoX 

That Linea jacket is so pretty and so is the Halston one but I really like the Linea!

@Greeneyedlady21 

Hang in there. Glad you enjoyed the ballet and your new dress. 

@LTT1 

Sounds like you have big changes in store.  Hoping things work out for you.

@lolakimono 

When I hear about your challenges at work, I'm so happy to be retired.  I miss my friends, the kids, the routine and I miss "teaching" but I don't miss all of the other stuff.  I'm enjoying seeing your fashions each day and I know your kids notice because my students noticed my clothes and commented every day.  Being a teacher is like being on stage every day for 8 hours.  I learned that if I looked nice each day that I had a better attitude and more confidence!  

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone!

Image result for fall weekend

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@lolakimono 

Thank you, going to the BF family tomorrow or Monday?

@lolakimono wrote:

I am going to get a few things done, but I'll be on here and there.

L'shana Tova to all who celebrate and happy weekend to our Style Sisters new and old!

@I am still oxox 

I think I will go tomorrow.  No one is "allowed" in the kitchen.

If I go on Monday, I have to work. Cat Wink I do the serving and help with the clean up.