Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 6:00, 11/3

@capatosta@lolakimono

@Bird mama

Our forecast: 

50-60 🌞 until pm! YAY🎉 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Loves>>>for the last two weeks it seems like our weather has been in a time warp of 40's degrees and rainy....yestrday was sleet for a while....its affecting people's moods.  We need NASA to give us something like a mini sun circling our area to cheer people up!

Trusted Contributor

I could use a new winter casual coat/jacket.....wonder where the best quality for the money is..  Saw lots of them at my local Marshalls...did not have time to shop them.  Any ideas?

Honored Contributor

@capatosta

Wouldn’t that be something? 🌧 ☔️ 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Finding AMS a little boring today, is is just me

usually it's boring all the time, but that's not why we watch is it?

I usually watch to do this, 

Honored Contributor

OOh the sun popped out here.  Guess I need to get my rear in gear and get the grocery shopping done.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@capatosta wrote:

I could use a new winter casual coat/jacket.....wonder where the best quality for the money is..  Saw lots of them at my local Marshalls...did not have time to shop them.  Any ideas?

personally I would wait till more into November----will be bigger sales then

Marshalls/TJM prices don't change but the dept store will offer %off 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1

I saw this for a "holiday" gift and thought of you.  Remember your retired friend who was going to come over and make jewelry?

IDK if La Lexi is too young to help you select beads, but I like what Akola represents.  See below for their mission/story.

• With every purchase Akola reinvests 100% of profits to empower women and families in poverty.
  • Build-your-own-bracelet set by Akola.
  • Makes up to eight bracelets.
  • Yellow golden plated discs.
  • Hand-rolled karatasi beads.
  • Stretch string.
  • Made in USA.
About the Akola Project:
Akola founder Brittany Merrill Underwood is on a mission to better vulnerable women's lives—one piece of jewelry at a time. In 2004, as a student in Southern Methodist University, Underwood's life changed forever when she spent the summer teaching in Uganda. 

Named by the women it was established to help, Akola—meaning "she works" in local Ugandan dialect—is a nonprofit jewelry company dedicated to empowering disadvantaged women. Underwood's idea was actually quite simple: Teach the women a craft, pay them a living wage to make and sell said jewelry, then turn around and reinvest all the profits back into the community.

Bringing the idea to fruition was a little tougher, of course. But nine years after launching, Akola is thriving. Three "hope centers" in northern Uganda train and employ more than 450 women from nine different villages. The women earn four times the local minimum wage, which allows them to support not merely themselves, but also two other adults and seven children per household. (Do the math—that's more than 3,000 kids!)

Newcomers learn to source material, hand-roll paper beads, carve Ankole cow horn, and more. Once training is complete, they can return to their homes to do the work. True to the Akola mission—"Absolutely do no harm, and as much as possible make a positive difference"—every material is ethically sourced.

Building on the success of the Uganda project, Akola expanded to Dallas in 2014, working with women who were ready to make a fresh start but considered unemployable due to their troubled pasts.
Honored Contributor

Also, a gift for the cat lover who has everything...Cat LOL

Trusted Contributor

@capatosta wrote:

Does anyone have fun plans this weekend?  Nothing here so far except a little organizing.....its an ongoing process to keep clearing out what is not needed.

@capatosta I'm re-doing my master.  Painting.  OMG...Do I have stuff to clear out!

Nothing like having to move it all out of the room to make you see how much stuff you have that you totally don't need or use.  Ugh!