Esteemed Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 4/8, 7:00

Hi to all of you.  Just got up in time to see the sun tan rep.

After a few cold dreary dark days, the sun appeared yesterday & it will be sunny & 70's today.  I will be hanging lots of laundry outside real soon.

The fun news this week was that our eldest dgs & 2 of his bf's will be going to Anaheim, CA in June.  They joined FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) last fall & came in 3rd place at the State speaking contest on Tuesday.

The scary news is that DH & I were shopping 45 minutes from our hometown on Thursday.  We saw police cars in the Kohl's parking lot & thought nothing of it.  Apparently a guy robbed a gun shop & sent a letter threatening the police, school's & the small mall.  He is now on the FBI most wanted list.  All schools in that town & several other schools were cancelled yesterday & our schools were on light lockdown whatever that means

My only purchase was a photo album from Kohl's & a few Easter items for our Easter egg hunt & Easter baskets.  We are hosting Easter this year for our DD & her family.  It will be fun because we haven't had Easter here for a few years.  The DGC are 12, 14 & 16.  Oh.  & we can't forget their mom & dad.

Off for coffee & then a trip to the store for a RX & a new Trac phone 1 year card.

I hope that you all have a nice weekend.

Valued Contributor

Well today's tax day for me so I'm pushing off to breakfast then will get to work. Enjoy everyone!

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

After a few cold dreary dark days, the sun appeared yesterday & it will be sunny & 70's today.  I will be hanging lots of laundry outside real soon.

The fun news this week was that our eldest dgs & 2 of his bf's will be going to Anaheim, CA in June.  They joined FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) last fall & came in 3rd place at the State speaking contest on Tuesday.

The scary news is that DH & I were shopping 45 minutes from our hometown on Thursday.  We saw police cars in the Kohl's parking lot & thought nothing of it.  Apparently a guy robbed a gun shop & sent a letter threatening the police, school's & the small mall.  He is now on the FBI most wanted list.  All schools in that town & several other schools were cancelled yesterday & our schools were on light lockdown whatever that means

My only purchase was a photo album from Kohl's & a few Easter items for our Easter egg hunt & Easter baskets.  We are hosting Easter this year for our DD & her family.  It will be fun because we haven't had Easter here for a few years.  The DGC are 12, 14 & 16.  Oh.  & we can't forget their mom & dad.

Off for coffee & then a trip to the store for a RX & a new Trac phone 1 year card.

I love hanging my laundry outside too,  but its not 70 here!

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

We love to go sit by the water in Tarrytown and see the progress of the bridge and it is a great place to see the sunset

Piermont is fun, we have been to the farmers market there, and a zillion years ago my Dad shiped out from Piermont Pier.

@jackthebear wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@jackthebear  I forget where you are , I am in Westchester NY, the rain here on Thursday was crazy deleuges of rain, about 5 pm, of course the time we were getting ready to go to my dad it was a tropical deluge heere, it was so bad that B was fearful of navigating with his crutch. We ended up staying put and shopped and visited dad yesterday afternoon

over the Tappanzee in North Jersey,  and it's not warm really over here even though the sun is shining. 

we go up to Piermont alot, when it's nice weather we walk on the pier,  amazing how quickly the new bridge is going up

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I have to print that out I think my brother will find it funny

@jackthebear wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I need to plan my clothes wisely this week, we are going to my Dads for "passover" dinner on Monday, thing is he never opens a window and his central AC will not be on for at least a month.

I will do all the prep here and I am hoping my brother will do the honor of grilling the chicken on my great Caphalon grill pan. Since it is only 4 of us and we are mildly religious we keep the meal simple. Salad, grilled chicken, green beans and maybe mashed potatoes and what what ever my dad will eat, and  matzo with butter of course and lots of deserts always. I channel my Mom when I prepare for the holiday

we may do a 10 min Hagaddah depending on who is at the seder,  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@twinny70 wrote:

I love hanging my laundry outside too,  but its not 70 here!

I love the smell of line dried laundry & yesterday I did my fleece coats.  It will be back in the 50's by next week.

Trusted Contributor

@twinny70@Good for your grands, I bet your proud.

We have no crime here but when we go to shopping areas we take a weapon.

I have 6 baskets to fill, quite expensive, I don't buy early because I eat too much of the candy.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning all - I'm going to start at the beginning and catch up on the posts.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Noooo the JR seersucker shirt looks like something Lucy Ricardo wore when she was pregnant with little Ricky 

Trusted Contributor

Back just in time for the seesucker smock.  Nothing against seersucker. I just really dislike the look of that boyfriend shirt with the pockets, especially in the white, and white is my favorite color.