Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 2/8, 7:00

I just took a break and shoveled, lol.  I'll probably have to do it some more this weekend however I wanted to keep on it while it was light and fluffy Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy 

Thank you!

How are you doing?

Back to the "normal" activities yet?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I just took a break and shoveled, lol.  I'll probably have to do it some more this weekend however I wanted to keep on it while it was light and fluffy Woman Very Happy

@Bird mama 

We had snow on Thursday ... more is promised for sometime this weekend, possibly Sunday.   

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @Bird mama @PINKdogWOOD @fancy pantsy @jackthebear 

all right, I'd better start this day!

Please post, if you want to I will come back and read later.

If you have any suggestions, such as "ditch what you have and start over!" I'm all "ears!"

Trusted Contributor

@SoX   Love the spiny oyster and the green turquoise.  I ordered the green cuff.  It will go with more of my clothes. Hard choice. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Dawnie 

Oh, Dawniee ... very hard choice!   I'm still coveting the green, too ... let's compare them when they arrive.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD 

what great memories leaving NJ and moving to OH.

My family was moved a lot because my dad worked for GM...mostly we moved from TX to DETROIT to TX to DETROIT to IN.

We always hauled our furniture all over back and forth.

How nice you got NEW!

51E6E882-7810-42E9-8A2C-CD6E6A5D99FC.jpeg

DD713F46-0F2F-47D9-9BBF-12449A96D6EC.jpegABE82BFC-E2CD-4329-91A4-3ACA35F16229.jpeg

97E119A5-E1D1-4F0D-8A98-3F7E550F646F.jpeg

The living area furnishings here are mostly not my cup of tea except I do like seeing the scale of things within the rooms. This sofa has a great feel as far as the gray tweedy fabric. The coffee table has more minimalist lines than ours now does.

I pointed these features out to DH who agreed...this is not the type of living that lends itself to "overstuffed" furniture, although I may miss that in the future.

@LTT1 

Love the new digs ...  especially the floor to ceiling windows.   Would love to decorate this ... I'd mix traditional with minimalist any day and twice on Sunday ... in fact, my sofa is similar in design to the grey, except it has six separate cushions and is in beige.

Trusted Contributor

@SoX    Great idea!   I have a spiny ring I wear more than I thought I would.  I like Jody Naranjo's pieces also. 

Honored Contributor

I'm into minimalist furn, it's so much less bulky. DH & I have really large rooms in our home but I can't move it around for different feels due to windows or doorways. It's very old not the open attitudes nowadays even though our rooms do flow into the next, we still have walls.

Overstuffed works in enormous totally finished basement rooms I think. Our most recent living sofa & his easy chair all recline as we thought we just had to have this type. Then the pieces were brought into the room and they almost eat it up. Overstuffed looks nice at the showroom, get it home though and it 'grows'!!! The stuff is H-E-A-V-Y, I can't move it anywhere myself. We had red prior to this, it was smaller in space, I'd love red again, looked great in the living room.

Memories leaving NJ behind took a toll on me, at age 13 just making sturdy friendships with kids in school saddened me. I adjusted but for many reasons I never made it back to NJ for visits, actually only once.

Honored Contributor

@SoX 

Love getting ideas!

I would call our current wood furniture "traditional" and maybe some pieces could be mixed in...I will think 🤔 on it!