Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 2/18, 7:00-10:00

@lolakimono

Glad you are going to get checked at UC.

Sounds scary.

Let me/us know

I need more sleep, so I'm going back for more 💤 right now

💜💙💚❤❤️ to everyone

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I had walking pneumonia last Spring, you feel like you have been hit by a truck, but I did not have a heavy cough.

@lolakimono wrote:

On Monday I went to school and was fine.  I was out of my room for the first part of the day as there is another class in there.

I opened the door and immediately smelled MOLD.  I thought maybe one of the kids had thrown away a spoiled lunch from their locker.

In the time it took me to page a custodian to change out the air filter, I had already lost my voice and my chest was tight.  The p.m. custodian opened up the vent and said there was black stuff in it.  

I moved to other rooms for the rest of the day, and went to the doctor immediately after school.  I got a nebulizer treatment and the Medrol dose pack (steroids).

I went to work on Tues. because I was supposed to have my post-observation conference.  About 15 minutes before it started, I got the calendar message to change it to Wed.  I accepted the new time and spent the rest of the day at school. 

I came in on Wed. for the conference, and the A.P. didn't come to work.  No notice on my end...  Cat Mad

So I came in again on Thurs. for the conference, that I figured would be rescheduled, and heard nothing.  I e-mailed and asked when we were going to meet (as one of our ratings criterion is about "professional behaviors.")  I got the "I'll get back to you..." message.  

On Friday I went to work again, thinking that for sure I would have the conference, and I got the calendar message to report.

I did make it all day, but...

I still can't breathe well, and my symptoms have changed.  I'm thinking, based on reading, that it could be pneumonia (or "walking" pneumonia).

Last night I got desperate and went to the liquor store for some whiskey, and made a toddy with hot water, lemon, honey and whiskey.  

The urgent care "doc in a box" opens at 8, and I'm headed there.  Maybe I need a chest x-ray, although with the last day of steroids one would think I would be feeling a lot better.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono Hope you feel better soon!

ive been up since about 3 am.... I was so tired after work on Friday, I feel asleep on the sofa at about 8 pm! My kitties loved it. 

I made a big QVC purchase of various clothes already this morning. My birthday is in a couple of weeks, so I'm treating myself. 😺

Honored Contributor

It is going to be high 50's here today and low 60's here tomorrow.

I am 5ft tall and 1 x and I love my maxi dresses, I am careful to buy ones that are not too long and always wear a shrug with it /

@twinny70 wrote:

SNICK's, we are also blessed with beautiful sunny weather & near 60's.  More like a nice April day. I totally understand about painting around things especially bathrooms.  Have fun with your summer reunions.

Witchy Woman, I woke up at 3:00 needing a drink.  I like D. &  Co. they are perfect for my retired lifestyle & traveling.

jackthebear, I am so loving our weather too.  I am still looking for Mother Nature to kick in next month!

Sweet_Serenity. I am glad that your vacation clothes are winners.  I always want to try a maxi dress, but at 5', I don't know if they would work for me.  I should just get one & shorten it to my liking.  Wishing your DAD a wonderful family birthday party.

DH & I are going shopping on Monday & I hope to buy a swimsuit for our upcoming vacation next month.  I wear a swimsuit almost every day as we have a hot tub, so I can justify buying another one.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Ordered Breezies short...Like the style.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

So ladies tomorrow I will be 62, no clue how I got to be this old, DH is taking my shopping this afternoon I am opting for TJ Maxx, where I can get more for my money and we are going to a cooking class tonight. The class is a "do over" from this disaster class of a few weeks ago, we had taken classes with the store manager before and she felt so bad about how the original class ended up, she refunded our money and gave us a free class.

Esteemed Contributor

Butter Cups, I am glad that your surgery went well.  Hope that your rehabilitation goes smoothly too 

LTT, I am heading back to bed real soon too.

I am still ox ox, our DD had walking pneumonia last year & cracked some ribs coughing her brains out.  I think that it was the first time that she was ever in bed for 2 weeks & not caring what her DH & 3 DC did.  

Honored Contributor

I wear the Jockey's skimmies all Summer long, they are similar to the Breezies but I seem to like them better

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

So ladies tomorrow I will be 62, no clue how I got to be this old, DH is taking my shopping this afternoon I am opting for TJ Maxx, where I can get more for my money and we are going to a cooking class tonight. The class is a "do over" from this disaster class of a few weeks ago, we had taken classes with the store manager before and she felt so bad about how the original class ended up, she refunded our money and gave us a free class.

def more for you money,  you know I love TJs

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I wear the Jockey's skimmies all Summer long, they are similar to the Breezies but I seem to like them better

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Like that Breezes has 7% spandex.