Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 12/13

On 12/13/2014 Favorite Son said:

Bought the much talked about leather jacket in saddle tan. LOVED IT. Got a perfect one right out of the box. Wore it one Saturday, no problems. Wore it a second day, and the snap on the collar came loose! So back it went. I assuaged my hurt feelings by purchasing the very short GILI moto jacket that was a lunchtime special. I want that to wear with my Linea turtleneck with the ribbed bottom, and with a vintage Anne Klein knit column dress. The moto jacket just shipped yesterday. I hope the jangly things on it aren't too much.

This week I started a fire sale on eBay. I have lost seventeen pounds since May 1, things don't fit, and I am not keeping them around. Not replacing anything, either. I am heading into retirement and I want to have a very limited closet by the time that happens.

Girl you gotta keep what works and get rid of what doesn't. I'm all about - less is more.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

On 12/13/2014 Dawnie said: Gotta run ladies! Will try to catch up in a bit at the office. If not, happy week to everyone!

Have a good day at work. I'm going to be working from home a bit tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

On 12/13/2014 Dawnie said: Gotta run ladies! Will try to catch up in a bit at the office. If not, happy week to everyone!

Dawnie - try not to work too hard and have a wonderful birthday this week.

Honored Contributor

Bye, Dawnie! Have a good day!

SRSLY, to those having sinus problems, my life has done a total 360 since that doc operated and fixed... it CAN be done... there ARE solutions... I can finally write this.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

On 12/13/2014 Bird mama said:

Bought the much talked about leather jacket in saddle tan. LOVED IT. Got a perfect one right out of the box. Wore it one Saturday, no problems. Wore it a second day, and the snap on the collar came loose! So back it went. I assuaged my hurt feelings by purchasing the very short GILI moto jacket that was a lunchtime special. I want that to wear with my Linea turtleneck with the ribbed bottom, and with a vintage Anne Klein knit column dress. The moto jacket just shipped yesterday. I hope the jangly things on it aren't too much.

This week I started a fire sale on eBay. I have lost seventeen pounds since May 1, things don't fit, and I am not keeping them around. Not replacing anything, either. I am heading into retirement and I want to have a very limited closet by the time that happens.

Girl you gotta keep what works and get rid of what doesn't. I'm all about - less is more.

You know, I wasn't before but I certainly am now. I would rather one good piece, no matter what the age of it, than three so-so pieces. ALL of the stretchy pants are gone or will be gone by the end of this month. The only stretchy things staying in my wardrobe are the pants I wear for working out.

Honored Contributor

I watched the first hour of the posh show until I fell asleep. It was much of the same sort of thing that has been offered in prior shows - some nicer merchandise than what QVC usually offers, and some sort of regular stuff. There were lots of really AWFUL people running from thread to thread saying all the usual nasty things about LR. Problem is, those people will continue to find a way to biatch about her publicly even though she is gone.

That's unfortunate. I thought she looked lovely in the dress and can understand why she ditched the wrap early on in the show.

Honored Contributor

This

under "banded-bottom tops men"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

On 12/13/2014 lolakimono said:

17 pounds! Wow! Congratulations.

Now if you could only lose the banded bottom tops in the fire sale, LOL. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

We are working on his assortment of junk in the basement first. I do not understand why the man needs so many movies and DVD collections of old TV shows. I think he is finally getting there, too, but the amount retained still far exceeds the amount relinquished. And, by the way, he wants me to do the work of listing them on eBay. He claims he "doesn't know how."

Respected Contributor

On 12/13/2014 lovestoteach said:

This

under "banded-bottom tops men"

Hilarious! I don't even know what to say about a search engine that produced that result.

Honored Contributor

And, by the way, he wants me to do the work of listing them on eBay. He claims he "doesn't know how."

Well, there's your out!

Everything MUST go! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}