Honored Contributor

Re: A M Style Live Chat, 11/5

We are expecting sustained winds today with gusts up to 50 mph followed by rain later.  For this reason I did the leaves (round 3) yesterday.  So far only 8 crammed lawn waste bags - last weekend it was 12.  I'll probably do it one more time for the season and that will be it.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@SoX , LOVE that coat! 

This morning was the worst AMS I've seen and nothing, not one thing, caught my eye. After changing out my closet, I finally realized that I really need some more tops and was hoping to find something this morning. 

Still hot here, 76 at present. We had a cold snap and I ordered some new tops for the holidays and now they're all too warm for our temps. Hoping for a big cool down before Thanksgiving! Enjoy your weekend, y'all!

Respected Contributor

@SoX  Wow! What a stunning coat!

I'm late here this morning because I was trimming the dog's hair and then showered. It's supposed to be in the 70's later, so I'll take her out on the porch for a bath then.

The only fashion purchase I made this week was socks.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama 

We're experiencing high winds right now (40 mph) ... getting warnings all over the place.  My garbage bins, being empty,  are at risk of being blown down the alley, so I'm going out to put them in the garage.  It's a fact now ... no raking leaves today!

Esteemed Contributor

@Carolina925 

After turning on the Q and seeing absolutely nothing even related to current fashion, I went back to watching the last season of Yellowstone, since the new season starts next weekend.

I've got to start planning my menu for Thanksgiving ... my son just called to tell us he and my DIL will be coming up for a couple of days.   I already bought the turkey last week, thinking it was going to be too large, but now I'm glad DH got the 14-pounder.  I think I'll also roast a prime rib ... my daughter-in-law said she'll make gumbo.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desert Lily 

So you submitted your book for publication ... any idea when it'll be on Amazon?   I need help to find it ... 

Esteemed Contributor

Very nice @SoX !  I love a trench coat.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@SoX  I haven't uploaded this novel to Kindle yet. It's not my usual style or topic (it has more action, could be somewhat controversial - which I'm not), and I'm kind of hesitant. I guess it's silly to spend hundreds of hours on something and then not upload it. If I do upload, I won't be able to give clues because it would be like advertising on the boards.