Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 11-19, 8:00

@SoX

You will be in my thoughts on your mammogram day.  As far as losing 10 pounds since your last annual exam, remember that was a year ago.  You may be eating differently, even small changes, than you were last year.

I lost another 5 pounds from last year to this year and thought, oh boy, what's wrong with me I feel fine?  

I waited for the shoe to drop on the mammogram results and I was fine.  My bloodwork, short of that razzin frazzin cholesterol was fine (I have copies to prove it, lol).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono@Bird mama@Snicks1@twinny70@gmkb

Will say goodbye and sign off now.

Thanks for the chat all... Happy Turkey 🦃 if you eat that.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama  ...

Oh Birdie ... thanks so much for your encouragement... I discussed my eating/drinking changes with my doctor.  Probably the biggest change is that I stopped drinking soda/pop, opting instead for iced tea.   She said that makes a big difference.  

So glad your mammo results were fine ... I just hate having this procedure.   It's certainly better now than it was a few years ago, but boy does it still hurt!

Honored Contributor

@SoX

Gurl, you hit on it in your first sentence.  You cut out the soda pop.  I swear to you, you can drop up to 20 pounds (depending on where you start weight wise) just from cutting out the soda pop.  I rarely if ever drink it and when I do, I go with Canada Dry gingerale.  Caramel colored sodas like Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper etc is not good for bone density.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Saying bye to you all ... thanks for the conversation.   I need to start my wash or I will be packing dirty clothes.

Respected Contributor

I usually try to watch AM Style - one of the few regular shows I enjoy on the Q.  However each time I watch, I can only think of four words to say about the show:

MORE STYLE, LESS STUFF. . . . . . . . PLEASE!!

Valued Contributor

Yes. It was the Ford Rotunda and every year at Christmas they had a fabulous display there. My mom took us one year. The next year it burned down to the ground. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Jpg

@gmkb

@BriggsiePeawiggle

@SoX

@twinny70

and to anyone who is feeling bad or whose dear furry friend might be illin...💚🍁

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

LTT. I am feeling o.k  just stressed out from appointments this month.  The prep for my Colonoscopy was awful.  My appointment went well with my neurologist last week.  I don't need go back for a year.  Infusions are still going to be every 6-8 weeks which is fine.  My infusion drug orders expired a couple of weeks ago & they forgot to renew them.  A few phone calls & am now hoping that my clinic gets a fax real soon.  I can't get them without them being renewed & they are a necessary part of my life.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@SoX

Gurl, you hit on it in your first sentence.  You cut out the soda pop.  I swear to you, you can drop up to 20 pounds (depending on where you start weight wise) just from cutting out the soda pop.  I rarely if ever drink it and when I do, I go with Canada Dry gingerale.  Caramel colored sodas like Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper etc is not good for bone density.

soda is bad for you all around, I get upset when I see little kids drinking it.  One thing I am glad is that it was'n t part of my diet as a kid nor part of my kids as a result it is not now.

bad for health, teeth etc  unnecessary