Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 10/4

On 10/4/2014 snickster said:

My dog's weight loss journey: about 6 months ago the vet read me the riot act, little doggie was 28 pounds, should be about 18-19 pounds. So....it has been hard (probably harder for me than the dog), but using very expensive prescribed dog food and trial and error on what she refuses to eat, even if starving...she now weighs 19.4 pounds! I can tell she feels better, more active and playful than she had been for a while, so that kept me strong on "no more bites from my plate". Now the vet says another 4-5 pounds, but I say maybe another 1 or 2, at most, I don't want her to be skin and bones.

I agree with you Snickster. I was accused of making my dog Max (RIP) fat too. They need a little meat on their bones in case they get sick and can't eat.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 I am still oxox said:

You should go out so "respect" for your BF and his parents you can pick and choose what you want. Break the fast meal is usually bagel and lox and things of this sort.

Actually, being a good Jewish mom, she stresses if there isn't enough for me to eat there, so sometimes I think it's easier for her if I don't attend.

Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 house_cat said:
On 10/4/2014 capatosta said:

My dog's weight loss journey: about 6 months ago the vet read me the riot act, little doggie was 28 pounds, should be about 18-19 pounds. So....it has been hard (probably harder for me than the dog), but using very expensive prescribed dog food and trial and error on what she refuses to eat, even if starving...she now weighs 19.4 pounds! I can tell she feels better, more active and playful than she had been for a while, so that kept me strong on "no more bites from my plate". Now the vet says another 4-5 pounds, but I say maybe another 1 or 2, at most, I don't want her to be skin and bones.

SNICKS>>>could I come and stay with you....ten more pounds lost and I would be sooo happy! Good for you and your doggie too.

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Me too! I'm housebroken and a great snuggler.

Sure, move on in...how are you at chasing squirrels and rabbits? That may be a conflict if you chase her favs away, lol.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Last time I was at the vet, a young man came in with a GINORMOUS pit bull. I could hear the doctor telling him that the dog was 20 lbs. overweight. All I could think of was that I wouldn't want to live with a pit bull who was on a diet. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Well, at least for dogs you can take them for walks or a run.

I wonder what those "turkey" cat owners are going to do to help their puss drop his extra stuffing.

There is no house too large when hiding from a hungry cat!

Honored Contributor

SNICKS>>>could I come and stay with you....ten more pounds lost and I would be sooo happy! Good for you and your doggie too.

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Me too! I'm housebroken and a great snuggler.

Sure, move on in...how are you at chasing squirrels and rabbits? That may be a conflict if you chase her favs away, lol.

Not so good with the squirrels, but I'm pretty good at catching chocolate bunnies.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/4/2014 Bird mama said:

Morning hopi - how ya doing?

Morning Bird mama

Honored Contributor

On 10/4/2014 lolakimono said:

Last time I was at the vet, a young man came in with a GINORMOUS pit bull. I could hear the doctor telling him that the dog was 20 lbs. overweight. All I could think of was that I wouldn't want to live with a pit bull who was on a diet. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Well, at least for dogs you can take them for walks or a run.

I wonder what those "turkey" cat owners are going to do to help their puss drop his extra stuffing.

There is no house too large when hiding from a hungry cat!

Ain't that the truth!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

HC, lol, unfortunately, me too.

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

On 10/4/2014 Bird mama said:

What are your fun plans for this weekend? Anything to which you are looking forward? (crazy grammar there.)

Cap, it's cold and rainy here so I will likely make a run to Pet Supplies Plus for bird food, change out summer/fall clothes in the closet and drawers and plan how I am going to prune my evergreen shrub by the electric meters. DTE is going to be installing Smart meters some time this month and I have a shrub that is fat and round and in the way of the installers. I've already discussed this shrub with DTE and the installers and advised them that I'm not removing the shrub.

I need to figure out how to trim this thing to allow a narrow area between the shrub and my house to allow a skinny installer in. I already told the company, send someone skinny because I am not destroying the shrub.

BIRD>>>the vegetation grew in the way of our electric box, but its on my neighbor's property. He refused to clear the space, so the electric company's guys came with chain saws, etc. and cleared it themselves. Then they sent him a bill. Don't know if he paid it. He is a pretty stubborn guy. I am sure you can do a good job.

Honored Contributor

Well, girls.. my time is running out. I'm going to leave to walk the dog. I'm sure glad I got up early to spend time with all of you.

Wishing you all a happy week ahead - peace, quiet, excitement, adventure.. whatever it is you're longing for.

~ house cat ~