Esteemed Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat-10/17

@Bird mama wrote:

@LTT1

It was a hectic and trippy week at work.  Honestly, I wish I worked with men.  Just typical women bitsiness and head games, which I am too old for and have no patience for.

Jumping in .... I work w/ all men. They can also get a bit *snotty*. But I have to say ... these guys don't seem to hold on to stuff the way some of us women can. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Buttercups wrote:

I love music and have probably 300-400 records of mine from the 70s and 80s and my folks from 50s-80s, also a couple hundred CDs -- and I gifted myself with a nice stereo and turntable a couple Christmases ago. Listen to it almost every day (Maraantz receiver love!) Still haven't listened to most of the albums though.

Hang onto those vinyls! I am settling the estate of a wealthy hoarder and sold a thousand vinyls, mostly classical, for the estate coffers. I was astounded they brought anything!

Good morning, everyone ...

My husband has always maintained that his jazz LP collection is worth its weight in gold.   He has thousands of vintage vinyl in pristeen condition.

Oh, now that brings back good memories. Listening to jazz w/ friends, having some nice wine in front of a wood fire. LOL! I can still *see* the room. Your DH is probpably right about his jazz LPs being worth a lot of $.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee, I dvr his show so I can watch an episode in 40 mins. I almost couldn't watch this past week's show where the guy committed suicide on the train tracks. Ghoulish! I adore the guy who plays young Joe, makes my heart beat faster, haha. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Pearlee, I dvr his show so I can watch an episode in 40 mins. I almost couldn't watch this past week's show where the guy committed suicide on the train tracks. Ghoulish! I adore the guy who plays young Joe, makes my heart beat faster, haha. 

@MaggieMack  I sooo agree about the young Kenda.  He's great and so handsome!  He plays Kenda perfectly IMO and is completely believable as the young Kenda.

I missed this past week's episode.  I'll catch it on reruns.  However, the gouged-out eyeball one with they eyeball in the guy's mouth really made me sick!  UGH.

That isn't why I'm not liking this season as well though. The stories just haven't been as interesting to me, and he hasn't had to be as clever to solve the mystery as usual.  By the way, is he always interrupted at work just as he's about to go home after a 12-hr. day, to take the case in the newest episode?  That's getting old.   Can't he get a case at - say - noon some time during his regular work day?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lyn08 wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

So,,, has everyone had their mammogram or scheduled their mammogram for the year?

Yep ... Mine is scheduled for November 17 ... for some reason, I'm not looking forward to it.

Mine is scheduled November 7th.  I hate having it done, but I'm glad afterwards if I get the card in the mail saying everything is fine.  I've been called back a few times for new images, but then told everything was okay.  My mother and a first cousin both had breast cancer, so it's always a worry for me.  I wish I could get the results the day of the mammo, but I always have to wait several days to get the card in the mail or a call back (which I dread),

Just got my first call back after my mammogram. Had to go in for additional images. FTLOG ... the second set hurt so darn bad. They *saw* something on left side .. high up ... probably calcification (which I never heard of before). So now I get to do the every 6 month thing. Seems like there has to be a better way of getting an image that's not so painful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

@MaggieMack  I sooo agree about the young Kenda.  He's great and so handsome!  He plays Kenda perfectly IMO and is completely believable as the young Kenda.

I missed this past week's episode.  I'll catch it on reruns.  However, the gouged-out eyeball one with they eyeball in the guy's mouth really made me sick!  UGH.

That isn't why I'm not liking this season as well though. The stories just haven't been as interesting to me, and he hasn't had to be as clever to solve the mystery as usual.  By the way, is he always interrupted at work just as he's about to go home after a 12-hr. day, to take the case in the newest episode?  That's getting old.   Can't he get a case at - say - noon some time during his regular work day?

@Pearlee, I don't know, I think most murders happen outside of normal working hours. What boggles my mind is that he solved I think 384 murders in Colorado Springs. That is an amazing number! Heroic!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Hi again ladies, sorry I dropped out on the thread this morning...have/had some kind of stomach thing going on...seems to be over now, thank goodness. I haven't read all the posts, but just wanted to say hello to all. Have a great weekend!

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@kate2357@Snicks1@MaggieMack@birdmama

Yes... there's gotta be a better way:

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that's why I am having white coat syndrome.  I've been mammogrammed since I was 24 or 25 (dense tissue and benign knot removed).  Last year, radiologist had mentioned he wanted extra views, I guess based on year before.  At the time I was having frozen shoulder and couldn't lift the right arm in the gymnastic poses required for a mammogram.

When I asked the tech, what kind of extra views are we talking about and are they going to hurt.  She said, he wants views of the uppermost part of boobalong and yes, this is going to hurt pretty bad.

I thanked her for being honest.  Honestly, you know how they tell you to hold your breath?  I was shoved so deep into that darned machine, I swore they were getting a pic of the tissue near my collarbone.  I couldn't exhale - I was afraid my boobalong was gonna rip off.

Still had to go back for ultrasound a couple of days later.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I think that's why I am having white coat syndrome.  I've been mammogrammed since I was 24 or 25 (dense tissue and benign knot removed).  Last year, radiologist had mentioned he wanted extra views, I guess based on year before.  At the time I was having frozen shoulder and couldn't lift the right arm in the gymnastic poses required for a mammogram.

When I asked the tech, what kind of extra views are we talking about and are they going to hurt.  She said, he wants views of the uppermost part of boobalong and yes, this is going to hurt pretty bad.

I thanked her for being honest.  Honestly, you know how they tell you to hold your breath?  I was shoved so deep into that darned machine, I swore they were getting a pic of the tissue near my collarbone.  I couldn't exhale - I was afraid my boobalong was gonna rip off.

Still had to go back for ultrasound a couple of days later.

I have hardly anything to mammogram, but they always pull so much into the machine to get a good view.  Lately, I haven't been called back for extra pictures.  Years ago, I was told I had dense tissue, and it was hard to get a good picture.  I guess I don't have the dense tissue any longer.  I also have had frozen shoulder (both shoulders at different times).  The doctors and PT don't seem to know why this happens.  I also had frozen shoulder one time when I had to have my mammo, and it hurt like crazy.