Esteemed Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat-10/17

@Bird mama wrote:

I think that's why I am having white coat syndrome.  I've been mammogrammed since I was 24 or 25 (dense tissue and benign knot removed).  Last year, radiologist had mentioned he wanted extra views, I guess based on year before.  At the time I was having frozen shoulder and couldn't lift the right arm in the gymnastic poses required for a mammogram.

When I asked the tech, what kind of extra views are we talking about and are they going to hurt.  She said, he wants views of the uppermost part of boobalong and yes, this is going to hurt pretty bad.

I thanked her for being honest.  Honestly, you know how they tell you to hold your breath?  I was shoved so deep into that darned machine, I swore they were getting a pic of the tissue near my collarbone.  I couldn't exhale - I was afraid my boobalong was gonna rip off.

Still had to go back for ultrasound a couple of days later.

I know exactly what you mean ... that upper shot were they squish you side ways and way up high ... O M G .... that was very painful. I wanted to tell her to run to the dang machine and take the stupid shot faster ... but I couldn't even breathe. I was sore for 2 days after this charming event.

It was 8 am and I could have used a martini after I was done. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat-10/17

@kate2357 wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

I think that's why I am having white coat syndrome.  I've been mammogrammed since I was 24 or 25 (dense tissue and benign knot removed).  Last year, radiologist had mentioned he wanted extra views, I guess based on year before.  At the time I was having frozen shoulder and couldn't lift the right arm in the gymnastic poses required for a mammogram.

When I asked the tech, what kind of extra views are we talking about and are they going to hurt.  She said, he wants views of the uppermost part of boobalong and yes, this is going to hurt pretty bad.

I thanked her for being honest.  Honestly, you know how they tell you to hold your breath?  I was shoved so deep into that darned machine, I swore they were getting a pic of the tissue near my collarbone.  I couldn't exhale - I was afraid my boobalong was gonna rip off.

Still had to go back for ultrasound a couple of days later.

I know exactly what you mean ... that upper shot were they squish you side ways and way up high ... O M G .... that was very painful. I wanted to tell her to run to the dang machine and take the stupid shot faster ... but I couldn't even breathe. I was sore for 2 days after this charming event.

It was 8 am and I could have used a martini after I was done. Smiley Happy

@kate2357, I WOULD have had a martini! Da*n the clock!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop