Honored Contributor

Re: 🧤A M Style Live Chat 10-15-2022

I probably needed to clarify that I installed privacy fence on one side, inside of the lot line chain link fence.  It was the path of least resistance to get peace for me and Max the dog.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama 

We don't get to pick our neighbors, right?  The "Crazy Lady of the North" threatened my DH with legal action when we removed the 5-foot chain-link fence with the 7-foot "wrought iron" ... though I question the composite of the iron (it's not all that heavy if you ask me).   

She's the relatively new person on the block vs. us "old" folks who have been living here since our now middle-age kids were born.  She assumed my fence line was hers ... and attached her gate to my old chain link.  The installers of the new fence (now 5-plus years old) of course removed that portion of her gate from my fence.  

I'm still waiting for court papers ... maybe that do-nothing son told her she can't win ... who knows?

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

Good morning Style Sisters ...

I'm a little grumpy this a.m. ... forgot to pick up coffee (or DH did).  It's a mere 36 degrees, with bright, bright sun, so I'm just 

Grumppy Cat Touch My Coffee Mug Best Gift For Mothers Day Red Rim and Handl

@SoX  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

This may be, probably is, an uninformed question/suggestion. Instead of removing your trees, could you install the fence in front of them on the house side. The advantage, in addition to allowing innocent trees to live, would be shade and a bit of protection for the fence.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain  that's not a workable solution for me.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise