Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 10/12, 7:00

Awwww @lolakimono   You're not old.  I had perfect vision too until I started working and doing detailed inventory reports that had really tiny font.  You know, back in the dinosaur says when we did it all on paper.  I was in my 20's when I needed reading glasses. It's your occupation that took your vision, not your age Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I bought the Clarks Sillian Frey Boot from Amazon, they have it on QVC for about 15 dollars more.

I wanted a high top type of sneaker boot with a zipper.

boot.png

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

A few items I bought this/last week - styles here but found for less, much less in most cases.

Taryn Rose booties A 343304 in black & silver, literally half the price than what they are here. SO stinking soft & comfy I did not want to take them off. So sweet I found my size on amaz in the blk/navy combo. These just mold around my feet better than gloves!!!!

Two pr of Earth - Origins here for $59 A 369806 in bark that Shawn & earth angel had on last night. Looking forward to getting these. I remember a pr of stunners I had from a place here called waterbeds and stuff. Beautiful leather lace-up granny style they called them. In the 70s everybody around here had these. I needed them too! Literally wore out the leather.

Earth in stone, the tri-color from a vendor on amaz for a lot less, A343561. These are really nice and comfy too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a Serta double pillow top because it was soft and came with a Serta lamb, than I bought a six inch memory foam topper for on it. It's like sleeping on/in a cloud. My bed is high and the mattress plus topper makes it higher. 

Honored Contributor

I think we are going to head out on our mattress expedition.  I'll let you know if we find anything today.  Thank you for your comments/recommendations!

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain   would you care to share the brand of the memory foam topper than you bought?  Does having the topper affect your ability to turn over or move around in the bed?  I've been thinking of adding a topper to my bed to alleviate the pressure I feel on my shoulders.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   Best wishes to you and your beloved as you search for your new mattress.  

Esteemed Contributor

Snick's, it got down to 35° last night and I am so ready for winter.  Right now we have had a great fall.

I am still ox ox, I am so envious of your nearby pool.

Lola,  I love all of your purchases.

greeneyedlady,  I like shopping at Marshall's whenever we are in the Capitol City.  Cute bracelet.

tennesseegal, I hope that your busy weekend goes well.

PinkDogwood, HI.

LTT1, my Dad liked boats too & since my folks had a cabin on the lake, we had several kinds of boats.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm Scandinavian.  A spare Tempur-pedic on a box frame is perfect.

Good luck.  The sleep is elusive even with a great mattress.  I hope we all have pleasant dreams and a wonderful weekend.  Sleep well knowing the world never does, but that we have each others' backs (why I have a dog).

😌

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear @lolakimono 

and anyone dealing with a snorer:

here is what has worked for me (DH🙄)

since I believe in essential oils, lavender/eucalyptus/Melissa work very well on a cotton ball that I stash up near the pillow

since that worked I tried Vick's Vaporub...voila! It stops his snoring in the middle of the night every time! I put a hoop of it on his pillow under his nose 👃 

what didn't work: orange eo (on guard and sweet orange) kept him awake...humph

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~