Esteemed Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 10/12, 7:00

Bird Mama, is it cold in your neck of the woods?  We didn't get the predicted frost last night.  That plaid skirt would be down to the floor on me.  Lol.

jackthebear, I was surprised to see the free shpg weekend. I think that I will have to order my T.I.P.S. nail polish remover.

LTT, we still have a mattress/box springs & have no desire to replace it.  Because of my CIDP, the new ones with a thick layer of memory foam make it impossible to turn over.

Jdtmum, I am sorry about your mattress horror story & the broken pipe.  

Honored Contributor

I gotta get moving, I do not know how 2 people and 1 small dog can trash a house out so quickly, but I have been super busy all week, so today I have to pay the piper and do some cleaning.
It's been nice chatting with everyone. Enjoy your weekend.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

IDK if you saw this thread from @house_cat .

I tried to page you, but you have that pesky space between names, so I don't think it went through.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Home/Has-anyone-here-ever-owned-a-B-amp-B/m-p/5766075#M193242

Pardon the interruption to our regularly scheduled AMS Live Chat. Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@LTT1 

I live in a small one bedroom co-op with enough room for both of us, the bedrooms in the models show are very small, our bedroom is 12 x 15 and we have a lot of furniture in it, the masters in the models are around 10 x 12 and that is very small.

@LTT1 wrote:

@lolakimono @Snicks1 @Witchy Woman @Bird mama @Jtdmum 

I bought the tsv from Earth yesterday.

Will post pic in a minute.

Here are our choices from 

0E744CC5-36F2-4756-93C1-3A3302ECF944.jpeg

AF644D49-61FD-4D93-A718-A7E5EF5A12DD.jpeg

BA2A539E-3672-435D-BB74-EA523DB0AF16.jpeg

The above are from The Waterford 

https://www.waterfordnevillewood.com/screen-reader/

They sent the photo of one of the baths so I could see how large the bathroom counter is! You know how it is...gotta have room for those millions of beauty items!

Other favs are "The Ridge at Robinson" and "The Ashby."

https://ridgeatrobinson.com/amenities/

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+ashby+at+south+hills+village&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS760US760&oq=the+ash...

''The Ridge is very near "our baileywick" as far as breakfast out and grocery. The Ashby practically sits on South Hills Village mall and has a salt water pool! However, traffic is a very real problem.

Both of the last two have limited square footage and walls have no molding which makes them less homey feeling to me!💗

molding can be added if everything else is what you want though?  location is everything 

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  It was 43 when I first started posting this morning and now it's 41.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 

Looks like you have an upcoming move. How exciting! I hope you enjoy downsizing as much as we do.

Honored Contributor

BTW, I am now officially old.  I went for my eye exam on Wed., and despite having had perfect vision, I now need some help with reading.

Boo!Cat Sad

Image result for cat pouting animated gif

So I will have to bring glasses now to the store to read the fine print of the tags/propaganda.

I am still adjusting to switching back and forth with glasses, like the gazillion hours of screen time I have and fine details of grading papers.

BF has been wearing glasses since age 3, and I was the lone holdout in my family without glasses, no one has any compassion for me, LOL. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@lolakimono   Good morning! Happy Saturday. It's cold here, I think we may be finally done with anything warm. I hate it already, I am COLD.

We have a tempurpedic, have had it for 5-6 yrs now (can't recall unless I dig out the paperwork). Anyway, we do like it, cost us a bundle though. We bought it in the spring time when some big sale was going on. Honestly we didn't even consider any other type of bed but we did shop in person to try it out. Long story short we ended up with a queen which is what we got rid of. I wasn't buying anyting bigger b/c all of my linens & bedding fit queen size. It's plenty big enough for us. We bought both the box and an adjustable top. We each have a control for it to raise both ends, top & bottom. We always sleep with our heads up to some degree, we're very used to this now so to lay perfectly flat is weird now. The entire setup cost us a little over $5K - a LOT of money for a decent night's sleep.

Money doesn't buy a decent night's sleep but I really don't think it's the bed. When we first got it I was having tremendous hot/cold meno pausal issues. Thank the Lord those are over. DH sleeps pretty well every night b/c he's just dead tired after working 10-12hr days. He snores but that too has simmered as he's aged so another reason to raise the head portion. I do think this helps him (and me) a lot. His snoring sets me on edge while I try to fall asleep.

All in all, we're glad we made this decision.

you like the adjustable function?

Honored Contributor

It is about 55 here but dark and grey, we have no heat Smiley Sad, I was originally wearing a short fleece robe and now i switched to the last Cuddle Duds TSV, its just warm enough and the thumb holes are great for me hands Smiley Happy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear  Yes we do. We are glad we bought an adjustable b/c we do watch tv when we go up to bed. It does help me fall asleep!!!  We don't have the split mattress but it's okay. We used to use our pillows to prop up with but we don't need to do that anymore.