Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 10/12, 7:00

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@lolakimono   Stunners in this color, appears to be a great 'rust' trimmed in black, love them both esp'ly the jacket. It is so me.

@PINKdogWOOD 

I have the jacket.  I specifically asked the seller before purchasing, and the trim is navy.  I don't have the vest yet, but I hope it is navy as well.  School color is red, but there are so many shades of red that I can wear it on the days when I wear my white or gray based tees with the red accents.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   I'll have to google what a Zyppah is b/c I've no idea. His snoring was because mostly I'm convinced of (just putting this out there or here) his heavy drinking in our early years. That's all I'll say on this.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman  My husband and I bought a 2 story house, lol.  It was just him and me.  I have no intention of leaving this house and if the day comes that I can't crawl up and down the stairs, I'll get the Acorn stairlift Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

The last time I bought a mattress for the guest room (about 10 years ago) I was buying furniture, so we went to a furniture store and got everything there.

This time since we only need the mattress, we are going to go to a mattress store.  It will be interesting to see the difference.  There are two in the area that we can walk to, so I am going to encourage BF to walk there to combine some exercise and shopping.  If neither of these two places work out, we can head to Macy's or any of the furniture stores that are having their Columbus Day sales.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of people from Tx. making the move back up north, lol. My niece, has lived in Tx. all of her adult life, but this weekend is moving about an hour away from me. She has worked in the newspaper business and is now going to be publisher for 3 different publications. I'm very excited to see her, at some point, haven't seen her in about 7 years, but when she'll find the time to fit in a visit, I don't know.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jtdmum  @lolakimono 

I'm sorry you are not happy with your Serta. This proves that even within the same brand, a mattress is not a mattress is not a mattress. I knew the minute I sat on the edge of the Serta mattress originally delivered it was NOT the model we purchased. It was way too hard.

And Lola, after all these years of posting, you probably know that I scoured every store, napping (haha!) on countless brands of beds and probably driving sales associates (mostly men who don't share my patience for shopping) tired of me! 

Good luck on your shopping expedition. Make it fun with happy hour after!

Honored Contributor

Busy day for us, we are getting in the Halloween mood, we are going to the local theater twice today, in the afternoon for their Dark Shadows Behind the scenes and then later this evening for a evening with Egdar Allen Poe, it is only about 20 minutes away so it should be a really fun day

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

The last time I bought a mattress for the guest room (about 10 years ago) I was buying furniture, so we went to a furniture store and got everything there.

This time since we only need the mattress, we are going to go to a mattress store.  It will be interesting to see the difference.  There are two in the area that we can walk to, so I am going to encourage BF to walk there to combine some exercise and shopping.  If neither of these two places work out, we can head to Macy's or any of the furniture stores that are having their Columbus Day sales.

we got our last one at Bloomingdales, but I had rewards and would get more etc, but they had a decent selection 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1   Us, some or all, at a certain age now and well, yes getting older, I'm all for a one floor plan but it HAS to have room. I've always grown up and still have a 3-4 floor plan because I sometimes get the NEED to 'get away' from it all. I'd be very interested in downsizing on one floor but I still need space or some at least.

Moving to Pittsburgh or the outshirts, I know the 'burgh somewhat and could easily move there. Best to you in your final decision.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama 

Well, I feel the same way.  I somethings think of a smaller place, but, I hope we never have to leave.

My sewing/craft room is on the 3rd floor and, there are days I must make over 20 trips up and down two flights of steps.

We built this together....I touched every square inch of it at some point, so I've told DH that my next move is as ashes into the surrounding woods Cat LOL