Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 10/12, 7:00

@Witchy Woman 

Yes! We are planning a move as early as spring!

The fashionistas here have helped so much in helping us decide on floor plans...including being sure the living space is all on one floor!

In TX here, everything is spread out (so all one floor) and no basements.  I grew up w/basements in our homes (Michigan). In PA so many places (townhomes) are built on three different levels. And the STAIRS, o my goodness! they are so narrow and very steep.

So this last visit we concentrated our viewing trips on one-level floor plans. Space seems limited I may need to get new furniture!🤭

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   Here's what I forgot to say about bed buying, if you haven't been to any stores yet, the sales people will bombard you the minute your feet hit the doorway.

Next, what they think are THE BEST BEDS IN THE STORE they place just inside the door. These are also usually the most expensive ones they have with all the beels & whistles, hence these are the ones they fully attempt to sell you.

We were naive as h*ll when we walked in but had tempurpeidcs on our minds anyway. We were sucked into buying the adjustable one which is just what happened. Did we need bed that went up & down? NO!!! but this is the one we ended up with. We know we spent too much but we bought what we wanted. We wnet in fully expecting to go home with a tempurpedic. A friend of our's and his wife had one and just raved about it. They did not have an adjustable but they did have a cali-king so I know they spent a bundle for their's too.

My best suggestion? Shop around, take your time, try EVERY type of brand out there, then buy what YOU want. Don't let yourself be talked into something

Honored Contributor

@LTT1   When I was growing up we called all trim around the doors, windows and floor - woodwork.

Woodwork is easy to add if you heart is really set on the place that doesn't have it.  I've done it myself, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

That's exactly how I sleep @lolakimono   Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD 

I got BF a Zyppah, and it has "cured" the snoring.  I used to make him wear the Breathe Right strips, but they would end up stuck on the bedding and not on his nose.

This is me after a night of his chainsaw snoring.

Image result for raise the shades from snoring animated gif

yep

that's why we have a 2nd bed !!!!

Honored Contributor

not in love with the TS 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   Stunners in this color, appears to be a great 'rust' trimmed in black, love them both esp'ly the jacket. It is so me.

Honored Contributor

Yea I don't care for the TSV either @jackthebear 

Honored Contributor

I dug through my paperwork and found the receipt for that mattress, lol.  It's a Beautyrest Walton Plush.  Not the current iteration of the Walton Plush which is now a hybrid. Mine is the Walton Plush with straight up innersprings and a pillow top.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 

I have a good friend in Cleburne, TX and another in the Houston area.  Both LOVE it, but are not native. 

Never been there, but I cannot imagine leaving Maryland.  Love the East Coast and this area.

PA is one of the few places I might consider.  So beautiful!

You are wise to stick with one-level.  When we built this place in our youth, we said the stairs would keep up in shape.  At some point, we may not feel that way!

I've often thought I could move to a smaller place, but DH has a huge garage and cannot give it up.  He is a builder and still working, so, for now, we'll keep climing those steps!

Moving must be exciting!  I hope you will keep us posted!