The long trench coat isn't bad. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 10/12, 7:00

@lolakimono wrote:

Laurie Felt has a new corduroy trench-

Image result for Laurie Felt Long Corduroy Trench Coat

https://www.qvc.com/Laurie-Felt-Long-Corduroy-Trench-Coat.product.A372248.html?sc=NAVLIST

kind of cool, but it's giving me back in college vibes (and no not telling you when)

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

I can't do latex.

I am also concerned about off -gassing.  I told BF for that reason we should consider a floor model or scratch & dent, as it's had time to breathe.

I am kind of interested in Tempur-pedic but then I wonder about the heat.  Also if anyone can give "testimony", can a memory foam mattress have an allergy case or does that not work?  I have them on my memory foam pillows, as dust mites is a big allergy of mine, but IDK if they work on MF mattressess too. 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear   I think I bought the mattress that I'm sleeping on five or six years ago.  When I went to the furniture store, the salesman was a pest and I told him, look, go stand someplace else or bother somebody and stop rushing me.

I flopped on that bed, and I lay on my side, then I rolled on my stomach.  I'm not kidding you, I was all over the mattress Woman Very Happy  I still ended up with a mattress that I hate.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

@lolakimono I take it from the caps this has been a subject at home for a while? 

About 3 years ago I had to get two.  One for home, the other (unexpected) for the beach. (pipe broke..what a horror show) 

Serta at home (hate)-$1700+ but didn't care, wanted a good mattress that was comfy. I did the whole lie down on the machine in the store, let it measure you etc.  

Never again. 

The bed at the beach un-rolled from a box, had to sit for 24 hours to "poof" up.  It's memory foam.  I think it's a generic brand.  It was $400.  Best mattress, most comfy- Anyone who I let stay remarks on its comfort, wants to know what brand etc.   I can't speak to it's longevity or durability because it's not the main place I live.  For $400, I can buy several over the next years to replace and not hit what I paid for the "good" mattress. 

Look into the roll outs. They're all over.  I wish I could swap them but I don't see myself on the highway with a mattress on top of the SUV. 

Good Luck!

@Jtdmum 

Not a topic of discussion for a long time, but...

this weekend-ish is our anniversary, and rather than going away, for instance, I told him I would rather have a new mattress.  He was raised to be thrifty (two teacher parents) but I value sleep (A LOT!) so I need something that will hold up.  He would probably drop dead if we bought a 4K mattress, even if he figured out the cost per wear, so to speak.

Can you tell me why you hate the Serta?Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@jackthebear   I think I bought the mattress that I'm sleeping on five or six years ago.  When I went to the furniture store, the salesman was a pest and I told him, look, go stand someplace else or bother somebody and stop rushing me.

I flopped on that bed, and I lay on my side, then I rolled on my stomach.  I'm not kidding you, I was all over the mattress Woman Very Happy  I still ended up with a mattress that I hate.

@Bird mama 

Can you tell me why you hate it?

I told BF we need to bring Kirby to see if it is acceptable for his morning belly rubbing sessions.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono 

Well that's not fun Saturday shopping!

I can recommend the Serta iComfort mattress. I'm not sure the model name or number, but I believe we went with the top of the line. When it was delivered, I sat down on it and immediately knew it was not the mattress we chose at the store. Once the store replaced it with the right one, we have been more than happy. 

We also purchased an adjustable base with the massage feature which is nice, but not as important as finding a mattress that works with your body.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

I started reading up on mattresses and found a few horror stories.

One thing of note: every mattress I could find was latex. 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

so far 

DMQ and goat soap

boring 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

Yep

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~