Honored Contributor

A.M. Style Live Chat, 10/12, 7:00

Good Morning!

The word of the day is MATTRESS.  That is our goal, to find a new mattress.  There are several stores in the area that we can check out, and with Columbus Day sales, I'm sure the competition is fierce.

Recommendations?

What is new with everyone?

Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat, 10/12, 7:00

@lolakimono   Oooh I don't envy you shopping for a mattress.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Good Morning!

The word of the day is MATTRESS.  That is our goal, to find a new mattress.  There are several stores in the area that we can check out, and with Columbus Day sales, I'm sure the competition is fierce.

Recommendations?

What is new with everyone?

good weekend for that

? its' taken 30+ years for the Q figure out a weekend of free shipping might b a good idea 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

I know last weekend was the TSV mattress, but we weren't home enough to check it out and it was a made for the Q one, so no reviews.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@jackthebear 

I know last weekend was the TSV mattress, but we weren't home enough to check it out and it was a made for the Q one, so no reviews.

wouldn't buy a mattress w/o trying it first, but call me crazy 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

There's something about that particular plaid pattern combined with the sheer material that isn't clicking for me.  Does that make sense?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @jackthebear @Bird mama 

Good morning!

About mattresses:

ours is latex and holds heat in.

i am suspicious that it is partially responsible for my skin condition.

When we stay in PA, we sleep better and I feel less hot due to the fact that theirs is an old-fashioned coil mattress and box springs.

HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono I take it from the caps this has been a subject at home for a while? 

About 3 years ago I had to get two.  One for home, the other (unexpected) for the beach. (pipe broke..what a horror show) 

Serta at home (hate)-$1700+ but didn't care, wanted a good mattress that was comfy. I did the whole lie down on the machine in the store, let it measure you etc.  

Never again. 

The bed at the beach un-rolled from a box, had to sit for 24 hours to "poof" up.  It's memory foam.  I think it's a generic brand.  It was $400.  Best mattress, most comfy- Anyone who I let stay remarks on its comfort, wants to know what brand etc.   I can't speak to it's longevity or durability because it's not the main place I live.  For $400, I can buy several over the next years to replace and not hit what I paid for the "good" mattress. 

Look into the roll outs. They're all over.  I wish I could swap them but I don't see myself on the highway with a mattress on top of the SUV. 

Good Luck!