Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 1/9- 7:00

@MaggieMack

The cold is coming our way tomorrow, but maybe not enough for snow.  We definitely have COLD rain coming.  Ugh.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Sorry to read about your Pumas - they served you well.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good morning, Lola, Snicks, Bird and Trudey ...

Haven't been shopping much ... two things recently, both on sale, of course:   Pendleton Plaid Cardi, in red, black, and white;  and a tweed jacket by Michael Simon that I've wanted for some time ... very colorful, with red satin trim.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@MaggieMack

The cold is coming our way tomorrow, but maybe not enough for snow.  We definitely have COLD rain coming.  Ugh.

@lolakimono, when I looked out my front window this morning, I was taken aback by this six-foot drift that showed up overnight on my lawn. We received enough snow yesterday for them to declare an alert. I think it all blew into my yard to make a mountain! I'm just very, very glad I have a snow removal crew when it's this cold so I don't have to be out in it for hours. Stay warm!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:

So that makes me curious, I have never had a pair of shoes resoled, hence no idea of the cost to do that. Do you feel you got your money's worth from the resoling?

@Snicks1

Well, the new soles (Vibram) were better than the original ones.  I had them resoled because the sole cracked and fell apart.  I thought that since the cobbler was the "expert" he would remove any part that wouldn't hold up and replace it, or tell me they were beyond hope.  I can't wear them now with the big gaping hole in the front.  

Yeah, I get that, lol. Maybe I didn't phrase my question very well. From the time of the resoling, did you wear them enough to be worth the cost of the resoling, whatever that cost was? I know it could vary, but was wondering if resoling is really cost effective, since other parts on shoes obviously wear out during the same time period as the soles, or soon after. Hope that makes more sense. Thanks.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Good Morning @snicks and @MaggieMack and @SoX

Cold weather will be hitting me tonight

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack, now that is cold! Please keep it up there, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@SoX

When last we spoke, your tummy was out of whack and killing you.  You feeling any better in the new year?

Esteemed Contributor

Oh oh, IM's rep Jackie says that 3/4 sleeves are the upcoming trend. I mush prefer long sleeves that I can tszuj up.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono, I have to say, I have really missed your daily Resolutions thread, feels kinda like one of my best friends moved out of town. Are you feeling relief? Regret? Freedom? Melancholy? Like celebrating? Has it really sunk in yet?