Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 1/9- 7:00

@Snicks1 wrote:

Yeah, I get that, lol. Maybe I didn't phrase my question very well. From the time of the resoling, did you wear them enough to be worth the cost of the resoling, whatever that cost was? I know it could vary, but was wondering if resoling is really cost effective, since other parts on shoes obviously wear out during the same time period as the soles, or soon after. Hope that makes more sense. Thanks.

@Snicks1

I think it was about $30.  I could buy a new pair of Pumas for $65 or so, depending on the style, but I really liked my style and color combination.  Mine are leather and suede. If I weren't remixing my outfits, I probably would have worn them more, but then maybe they would have disintegrated faster.  So probably not, considering the cost of a new pair of Pumas.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama, typos? I don't see no stinkin' typos! Woman Surprised

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear

Good Morning,  was about to come looking for you, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@jackthebear

Good Morning,  was about to come looking for you, lol.

I was posting on Spurts thread on Qtalk you know the one with the cats and dogs.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Isn't there another daily wear thread out there?

@Bird mama

Yes, @GingerPeach was hoping to continue a thread, with various posters popping on and posting their outfits.  Some people have chimed in here and there, but I think she was hoping people would take photos of what they're wearing (even if they aren't modeling the outfit).

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

do you need sneakers for actual gym stuff? because TJ Maxx has a big push on active wear for the New Year.  Was there yesterday and big displays of them . 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear

I need to go check that thread.  Every oncce in a while I try to add a bird pic, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack@bird mama

Thanks for your support ...  I'm not going anywhere near a surgery suite anytime soon ... and told my doctor that.   I've been avoiding calls from the nurse practitioner, as I'm not ready to deal with this lifestyle change.   In fact, she's referring me to the department that deals with this ... medication will be the first line of defense.   We'll see how things shake out ...

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@lolakimono

do you need sneakers for actual gym stuff? because TJ Maxx has a big push on active wear for the New Year.  Was there yesterday and big displays of them . 

@jackthebear

No- I wear Rykas for the gym, but thanks for the heads up.  These are my "street" shoes, LOL.  I don't really need them, but I'm sad to retire them.  

New Contributor

Good morning all, not sure if this is the right place to ask this but does anyone know the brand of the leggings Leah is wearing this morning.  I checked through the AM Style page and didn't see that product in the lineup for today.  

Thanks for any information.  

Hope everyone is having a great year thus far....

SCJ