Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 1/2 7:00

@lolakimono wrote:

Did anyone get any new fashion items for the holidays?  (or take advantage of the holiday sales)

@lolakimono

Nothing too exciting - three bras, lol and pair of brown athletic shoes, and yesterday I ordered a new proper jewelry box from the Q.  Q had the best price for the Empress by Mele & Co and offered free shipping.  This is my first Q order since October.  I order maybe 4 or 5 things a year from the Q, versus 4 to 5 things a month, like in the old days.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Good morning, and Happy New Year, ladies!

I've been busy cleaning out drawers, cabinets and boxes.  It's amazing what a person can accumulate over the years.  I still have more work to do!

I visited my kitty, and she is so cute and lots of fun.  I'll be bringing her home before the end of the month.  Now, I need to get things prepared for her.  I never had a kitty before, so I feel like a new mother!

It's been cold here, and was snowy earlier in the week.  Luckily, the sun is out today, even if it's still cold outside.  I'm washing clothes this morning, and then I need to get out and run a few errands.

I'm making good use of my Irish knit sweaters during the cold weather.  I've had several of them for many years (purchased from QVC during the Irish shows), and they have held up very well.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Clarks Amy = mute!

@jackthebear

Labor and Delivery shoes?  That's a new one.

I would be wearing FMP so that I could jab anyone nearby when they got on my hormonal nerves.  

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

Oh boy!  A set of 7 readers!  I hope there is not a day soon where I am excited to "see" these.  

Well maybe you'll be like me, go from not needing glasses at all straight into bifocals. lol

@Snicks1

I would not be able to survive without my bifocals.

Trusted Contributor

Morning Bird///how are your Winged Babies?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Amy gave these for a bridal shower gift?Cat LOL

Clarks Unstructured Leather Slip-on Shoes - Un.Loop - A223884

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

I know so many people who have had successful cataract surgery and I've been told it's a piece of cake.  The thought of needing cataract surgery makes me want to run, like a bat outta hell.  It sincerely scares me and gives me rapid heart beat to even think about.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@lolakimono

I know so many people who have had successful cataract surgery and I've been told it's a piece of cake.  The thought of needing cataract surgery makes me want to run, like a bat outta hell.  It sincerely scares me and gives me rapid heart beat to even think about.

@Bird mama

OK, but we agreed on no more eye talk! Cat Tongue

Trusted Contributor

Bird..I had cataracts removed two years ago...its quick and painless.  The hardest part was using the drops so many times a day.  Unfortunately, I didn't do my research and got a newer surgeon.  Just do your homework and you will be fine.  Nobody likes surgery but you will be amazed not only how clear your sight will be, but the colors in your world are fabulously vivid again!! As an artist, I really enjoy that part.

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:
I am now under what the 'charts' say I should weigh, so, no dieting for me. I do plan to up my exercise, muscle building though.

@Snicks1, oh, haha, I am still under the weight chart limits, too, just not under my personal comfort level limits. I just feel better skinny!

I'm way, way too skinny.  I want to gain weight, but can't seem to gain a pound.  I weighed about 30 pounds more a few years ago, and then I got a report from my doctor that I was at the low end of pre-diabetes.  So, I started watching what I ate, not getting on the scale, and before I knew it, I lost 30 pounds.  I eat well, but I can't gain anything.  However, I never eat between meals, so maybe that's what I need to do.  I just have to watch what I eat, though, so I don't have problems with my blood glucose again.