Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 1/2 7:00

@Snicks1 wrote:
I was about 40-45 when I had to start wearing glasses, hated them, still hate them, I wanted to get lasik surgery, but was given contacts that simulated how vision would be, and just couldn't adjust to that, so...no lasik for me, hubby had it done and I watched, it definitely was freaky.

@Snicks1

OK seriously,  no more eye talk.  I'm going to lose my breakfast.  Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

@Snicks1, I don't know how you could watch that surgery! I would be passed out on the floor. When I was little, they used to televise major surgeries. Remember Patricia Neal had brain surgery on TV? I saw some of it, fascinating, but had to hide my eyes for most. I remember being transfixed because she was awake for the whole thing.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I love watching surgeries and stuff like that on TV. I once watched a full face lift that was really interesting, but it made me decide once and for all that I would never have one done, barring anything horrible happening to me that absolutely required it. Whew, that was something to see, lol!
"To each their own, in all things".
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
I was about 40-45 when I had to start wearing glasses, hated them, still hate them, I wanted to get lasik surgery, but was given contacts that simulated how vision would be, and just couldn't adjust to that, so...no lasik for me, hubby had it done and I watched, it definitely was freaky.

I was offered to watch when my husband has it done too, no F way.  I know exactly what they do, I would love to do it but too chicken.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono, OK! No more scintillating eye talk! Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack

I don't really "diet", but with GF, colitis and food allergies I am always watching what I eat.

I try to get exercise in five days a week, but it depends on how my week looks.  I was really good about doing pilates at home on the days when I could not get to the gym on time.  However, when I had my vocal cords scoped my the speech pathologist, she detected "silent" reflux.  I really have to be careful about "reclining" after eating, as I don't want any more damage.  I had a doctor tell me it should be about 3 hours after eating/drinking before one reclines, so sometimes it makes it difficult to do pilates.

Esteemed Contributor

One of the things about Q that is weird to me is how they push "last year's fashions" a lot. You never see stores doing this past the current season. Saw a B Mac bag yesterday. Now a JR trench. They should just deep discount at the end of the season and be done. But I don't think they know what deep discount means.

Honored Contributor

I am now under what the 'charts' say I should weigh, so, no dieting for me. I do plan to up my exercise, muscle building though.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono, I'm drawing a blank . . . What is GF? I have a cast iron system, can eat anything, all the time, and sleep right after. I haven't done sugar all year, but the holidays did me in. Too much of very good things!

Honored Contributor

I am picturing @Bird mama creeping around in the dark, ninja style, trying not to wake the birds.

Girl, where are you?