Respected Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat- 1/10

I think that the asymmetric hem, the big flare at the hips with the toast points (front OR side), and the big draggy attach-to-your-bum hems are the most unflattering things that have ever been put forward in the fashion world. And that includes all of the ridiculous stuff that we wore in the 1980s. Yesterday I was home, and saw the ShopHQ clearance. It was a parade of those items, including this ENORMOUS striped horse-blanket-of-a-thing top. It made EVERYONE look absolutely huge. And despite all the sales talk, it showed for exactly what it was: a blanket turned diagonally with sleeves.

Honored Contributor

I don't tune into the other shopping channels, but I'm picturing the mascot from Fruit Stripe gum.

Honored Contributor

On 1/10/2015 lolakimono said:

I don't tune into the other shopping channels, but I'm picturing the mascot from Fruit Stripe gum.

well thats a horse of a different color - well many different colors lol

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Ok watching the Carol Wior panties - and some of the body forms look anatomically male, is it just me or what lol

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I don't know why, but the first thing I thought of with Pantywoman's boots was Buck Rogers. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Respected Contributor

This is it - 713-899. If you watch the video you can really appreciate how this emphasizes hips and cuts the body in half.

Respected Contributor

Sorry, I just can't get the hang of this picture thing.

Esteemed Contributor

I love this thread. I usually don't chime in but when fashion experts recommend that people not wear pants with a print or tops that are made in such a way that a feature of them will emphasize the hips, then why would we spoil ourselves with that suit or the Lori color-contrasted tops that draw the eyes to the hips?

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Highlighted
Contributor

I think Leah looks cute in her sweater, but I just not understand the Logo style. It looks sloppy and messy, I just don't get it. Wouldn't catch me wearing it!
Respected Contributor

Sometimes, you need to just bite the bullet and start eating less and moving more. I think the panty lady needs to do that. All the belly bands in the world aren't going to help her at this point.