Esteemed Contributor

Re: A.M. Style LIve Chat 8/8

I like the Basso vest, but picked up a packable vest yesterday at Costco for $17.99, just pennies more than ONE of the FIVE easy pays. I'm not a snob about wearing casual clothes with a Costco label, haha.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I love Skinnytees. They really do fit and they don't roll up. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@gardensla  do the skinny tees feel all polyestery?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

One thing I DID get done was voice therapy.  I think I mentioned that at the end of the year I had my vocal cords scoped, to check for any damage from the ever frequent bouts of laryngitis.  That was a good time- NOT!

Anyway, she suspected "silent reflux" and did additional tests.  She said that with 4 sessions, she could teach me to retrain the voicebox to produce sound even when I have laryngitis, which seems to happen more frequently as I am exposed to allergens.  I have done four sessions and will do a follow up (plus post-tests) in another month or so.  

It was kind of a miracle.  I went to work, and was in a mildewy lab.  By the time I left for the day to go to my appointment, I had laryngitis.  She made me do the exercises anyway, and when I woke up the next morning my voice was back!

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@LTT1, Yes to your question about SkinnyTees. I absolutely love them, have EVERY color. Best deal is in the two-pack for about $34. I don't know what I did all those years without them.

@MaggieMack

Did you wear your "fat" tees? Cat Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@gardensla  do the skinny tees feel all polyestery?

That's a good question. They feel like Jockey skimmies to me; if that means nothing to you (which it might), then think about any shapewear with a softer hand. They don't feel like a cotton tank but they're not overly slick.

That was not helpful (!) but hard to describe.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1, not directed at me, but I don't find them to be heat-producing at all. Matte, not shiny, finish. I take out the labels and wear them backwards sometimes if I want a little higher coverage.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  WOW that is incredible about the voice training.  And lately I have been all about the allergy thing.  The acid reflux has a hugely amazing effect on the throat/digestive passage-ways... pardon the anatomy-speak this morning (not fashionable)

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono,
That is pretty awesome. So glad for you.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack... thank you for this info... I was wondering about the scoop and how wide/low it was