Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style LIve Chat 8/8

image.jpg

Likes other kitty friends

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

@Lyn08

Hope you are able to follow through with that kitten or cat! They're so much fun and love.

Lola gave you great tips. Just a couple things to add. One, I recommend treating your house with Fleabusters powder available on Amazon. It's what I've used since adopting my first kitten 25+ yrs. ago. It's easiest to do it first time a couple weeks before kitty arrives, it's hardser to do it when kitty's there because they should not step on carpet while it's laid down & before it's vacuumed up. (it lasts 1-2 yrs)

The other thing is, check for blind or drape pulls that they can get caught in. Cats can really fly around, and my Lenny once got caught in them wrapped around his middle - luckily I was in the room and pulled him right out. I have ties for all loose pulls, and have been known to wrap up pulls at friends' house and put a clip on them (like a document clip) to keep them bundled up.

Last, keep plastic shopping bags with handles put away. Cats love to get inside bags and if they get their head caught in the handle you'll see a bag tearing around the room and have to free them. Smiley Wink

You sound like you'll be a great cat mom! Let us know if/when the day comes...

Honored Contributor

@Buttercups  We watched "Girl With the Dragon Tatoo" last night... I will comment on it in the Entertainment section!  Thanks for recomending this one!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~