Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style LIve Chat, 7:00, 4/6

@lolakimono 

I will fix the italics in a moment.

@lolakimono 

Have fun?? hopefully today at the conference!

@Jtdmum 

Congrats on being at the 7 year mark for cancer-free!

@meallen616 

Good morning!

BTW: DH had cataract surgery Thursday! As of yesterday...his vision in that eye is so amazingly better!

He is like a kid in the candy store about it!

Whites colors especially whites are brilliant.

A43B3A04-1629-41DD-A395-EE7E86D65EAA.gif

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone

@lolakimono Nice purchases, what a dress collection! So pretty

@Jtdmum Congratulations on your good health. I'm so sorry about your co worker's  husband. What a  incredibly sad state of affairs we have here. That's all I can say, unfortunately. My full opinion isn't allowed.

The chat forum is becoming the Meghan Markle bash forum. I wish I had a way to "delete" those threads when I visit the chat forum. It's just truly bizarre, very strange perspective in life to say the least. 

Last Sat I did the prom event. I was a personal shopper this year. Was there for over 5 hours and only helped 2 girls, because the first girl took so long. You're not supposed to let them do that, but I just couldn't say that. Her mother and aunt were there so it felt like a marathon of episodes of SYTTD lol. They weren't like the relatives on that show, thankfully. She ended up with a simple navy dress that I highly doubt she will even wear. The second girl picked a beautiful blue and seafoam green floral beaded strapless dress. I looked at the tag but I can't remember the brand. Bet it was originally expensive. She looked amazing in everything with the body she had. She was there alone and only tried on dresses twice.

The green lace dress I donated was gone off the rack when I got there. Hopefully some girl loved it. Found some bling jewelry at a local shop, it's very inexpensive. Gave some to the girls I helped and the rest I mailed to the local chapter of Becca's Closet.

I keep procrastinating on starting to weed through all my clothing-donating and sorting for tailoring, etc. It's so overwhelming but I have to get started. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum   Oh my what a week you've had. First and foremost, I'm so sorry about your losing your lifelong friend. I cannot imagine how tramatic this is for you and all who knew her and loved her like a sister, as you did. Time passing does heal, I know this to be true but you never will ever forget your friend.

On the upswing though I am singing praises of JOY for you and your getting the clearance from your wonderful so competent Dr, Nurse and team. It does take a village in this cancer CURING process. This I know from going through the same thing with my DH. This August he too will be given to final go-ahead be cancer free for the last time. It will be his very last checkup. What a road to travel, eh? Not a good one but I can say as you did, Bob had the very best Drs in his corner for all he had to endure. God bless our Drs in this field, your's and our's.

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum 

One of my students who I was especially close to was Middle Eastern. 

What a lovely, lovely, genteel girl she was... loving to me and existing in this world as a soft and bright spirit!

I think of her often ... ☺️ She certainly brightened my life!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So I let Wallace outside when I got up, naturally. It smells like spring out. You know this smell, something in the air makes us think of this new season upon us. We love it don't we? I know I do, my fav season for sure!

Last night DH said he wants to go to Lowes and get mulch and buy some pansies to plant. We may add in some colorful primroses too, love those things, maybe snaps too if they have them. Bulbs continue to pop, now the hyacinths are showing color too out front. The hellobores are finally showing creamy white flowers, our chives are going strong (they come back year after year), he's getting the potato starts seasoned to plant soon too. I believe he has seeds left over from last year too - he planted lots of things that all did well.

They're calling for 70s for the next few days here, it's still up and down as you all know too, for a while anyway but we're on the uptick for sure. Enjoy your weekend folks!

Honored Contributor

Life for me lately

[besides helping DH keep track of his eye drops and cataract appointments lol] 

has consisted of purchasing new cosmetics that are titanium dioxide-free. Already I’m seeing wonderful results!

My fashion purchases (Q) are the following:

0D73BE9A-3A8E-494A-8B05-6A070DEE4BB9.jpeg41186501-0D3F-4E0E-9906-D0694141F22E.jpeg

‘’The first one needs to go back.

The second one, jogger pants, (by Anybody) is a keeper!

The jogger pants are very pale blue and gray stripe. They are very lightweight and will be great for summer, I think.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono 

Enjoy your day.  Wear those fun shoes and the day will be better.

@Jtdmum 

Happy news and sad news. Heart

@Greeneyedlady21 

So kind of you to help those girls.

@LTT1 

Glad to hear about your husband's vision.  He's like Superman now!

We've been having beautiful spring weather here in Tennessee.  I love it- good weather for clothing.  I ordered a skirt off of Amazon according to the measurements listed it should have fit.  It might fit my friend's 9 year old daughter.   It was black with retro looking daisies.I can't decide whether to donate it or send it back.  I've been trying not to buy anything lately and weed out some more clothes.  The only thing I need is a new pair of beige espadrilles.  I want some with a closed toe.

@Bird mama 

My husband put up 4 new birdhouses for me.  We've noticed some activity.

@PINKdogWOOD 

We put out new mulch last weekend and painted siding.  We worked hard.  My tulips are beautiful right now and we have dogwoods blooming.  

I have a wedding shower to attend today and we are seeing a movie called "Breakthrough" tonight with some friends.

Honored Contributor

No Leah today, I have forgotten what a class act Jayne is

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning Ladies....First time on this thread...but AM Style is my Fav show on QVC....I am missing Leah but Jayne is so easy and breezy to listen to, her presentation style is informative and fun.  We may see the sun here today in Upstate NY, but garden is to muddy to work in.

If anyone here has Netflix, and want to watch an excellent movie...Check out the Highwaymen.  Kevin Costner and Woody Harrilson are excellent.  Tells the real story of the capture of Bonnie and Clyde,,,not the JEHoover whitewashed one.  I loved it because is is a movie like they used to be made....NO Special Effects...NO Gratitious Sex....BUT Supurb writing and a great story to tell.

Well have a great day all, 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @ProudMa @Tennesseegal @PINKdogWOOD 

@Greeneyedlady21 

The stint you had last weekend being a stylist for prom, sounds like you had lots of fun.

I hate to see MM being “bashed.” 😟

Won’t go there, thanks for the ⚠️