Honored Contributor

A.M. Style LIve Chat, 7:00, 4/6

Good Morning Style Sisters!

I have a conference today (BOO!) so I won't be around for the show.

I hope that you're having good weather and that you have some joy in your weekend.

Tomorrow is all baby for us- a baby naming and a baptism, so we have to split up so one of us can "represent" at the events.  I bought some dresses for the occasion.

What is everyone up to this weekend?

Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style LIve Chat, 7:00, 4/6

I ordered and received this vintage necklace from Etsy.  The beads are very tine, but it said spring to me.

Triple Strand Rhodonite and Amethyst Necklace with 14k Yellow | Etsy

Honored Contributor

I saw these deeply discounted sneakers from Coach, and I thought they were different than what's out there.  I was able to wear them to school on Thursday, and I'll probably wear them to the conference today.

Honored Contributor

I ordered these two dresses from Trina Turk-

Lord & Taylor Online Store - Shop Designer Shoes, Designer Handbags, Women's, Men's and Kids Apparel, Home and Gifts. Find Gucci, Prada, Diane von Furstenberg, Christian Louboutin, Jimmy Choo, Burberry, and more at lordandtaylor.com

Lord & Taylor Online Store - Shop Designer Shoes, Designer Handbags, Women's, Men's and Kids Apparel, Home and Gifts. Find Gucci, Prada, Diane von Furstenberg, Christian Louboutin, Jimmy Choo, Burberry, and more at lordandtaylor.com

Honored Contributor

And the last of the dresses-

Adrianna Papell-

MAIN

Kate Spade NY-

Betsey Johnson-

I have the baby shower on Sunday, the prom in May and graduation in June, and then I'll be ready for any other events that come up.  

Trusted Contributor

Good Morning @lolakimono - Hope your conference goes well.  Sometimes you meet really interesting people - if nothing else I used to love to stand back and just watch what was going on, people watch if you will.  Have fun, make the most of it!

So this was a great week but an enormously sad week too.  I had my "5 year" clear from cancer meeting yesterday!  My favorite doctor "sprung" me from the every 6 months and now I"m on the every 3 years!  Yay! And BOO too..I won't get to see him every 6 months (socially) Just a great man.  

Sad because my cousin who I went through grammar school with passed in her sleep! Just didn't wake up.  Great mom, nurse, had many obstacles to over come and did them with such grace and finesse.  I was thinking of her last weekend as she is a May day baby and was going to reach out to say hi and HB.  Wake was last night.  Got there to find out her mother's sister passed the next day!  So 2 cousins (one elderly) in one week- I'd really been contemplating retiring for a few months, I think this is the final straw and I"m going to do it in the next month or two.

The other really sad, very emotional thing this week was at work.  We have a lovely beautiful girl working for us (new) and she is from Saudi Arabia.  I could see something was wrong so I called her in to my office, she burst into tears-Her husband works night shift at one of the larger cities nearby and was leaving his shift.  Some ##@@!! fool decided it was a good idea to cheap shot him and put him in the hospital.  He is ok, the pictures are devastating.  Some comments were made to him (all on film) and they did arrest the guy.  Her heart was broken and so was mine.  The most loving caring mother, wife- so hard working.  Just wants to make a living (legally-not trying to make any statements here that would offend) and do what is best for her family...so short story very long- very very emotional day. 

I'm off to a funeral for my beautiful cousin, sky is crying right now, knowing tomorrow will be a happier day and to never waste a minute! 

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum 

That is an emotional roller coaster of a week!  So thrilled to hear that you are cancer free and condolences on the losses of your family members.  We have one person who has been in and out of the hospital (first a heart attack and now fluid in the lungs).  I hope that you are able to make the best decision for you RE work/retirement.  

Honored Contributor

Enjoy the show,

https://quotespics.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/246859-Oh-Hello-Good-Morning-Friends.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono Very best to you - Heart and lung issues- ugh.  My thought will be with you- The in and out of the hospital is so draining.  The drive, the wait, the "news" - waiting for results.   I hope it all goes very quickly and all are on the path to recovery very quickly! 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @Jtdmum 

Good morning!

Love your fashions, Lola, especially the tennies!

The dresses will keep you “set” for all of your upcoming events!

DH and I have been passing store windows during our walks that are featuring prom fashions!

@Jtdmum 

I am so very sorry for the loss of your cousin. 😟 

The girl you called into your office sounds very hard-working and sweet...so sorry for her that her husband got shot! I’m glad he is alive ... but what a tragedy that he must now recover in the hospital. It doesn’t seem fair.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~