Honored Contributor
On 4/4/2015 Buttercup - aka BC said:

What about changing closets for the season, who has done that? I haven't but need to soon... we're having days in the 80s now.

I don't make the complete change over until May.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

Cute shoes, Bird Mama ! Smile I wish I could wear heels, but I've twisted my ankles too many times, so I have to avoid them now. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I've been tempted, many times this Spring, by the cute Cork Wedges {#emotions_dlg.devil2} but the brain reminds me via flashbacks of what happens. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I wish Leah was on today. I miss her and I hope she has a nice vacation. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

Bird, dealing with utilities is the worst. I don't know if I dislike AT&T or TWC more... it's a tie, both are exasperating. I hope you get it unsnarled soon. My strategy has been, if they try to raise the rates on me I actually cut off service. The next day the "retention" department contacts me and agrees to continue the promotional rate. Unfortunately threatening to leave if they go ahead with a huge jump in price has never worked. I hope you get it straightened out soon.

I'm very excited because my area is one of the "test" regions for Google internet. It's going to be another year or two, but we will be super high speed. Of course their CS will probably be terrible because they'll know they have us all in their pockets. But the speed will be great.

Honored Contributor

I don't do a closet change out, I have a walk in closet and it will hold everything with the exception of coats, since I did donate a big box of clothing recently. I just move long sleeves/heavy weight things to the back, but haven't done it yet, still having a few days (like today) of morning temps in the 30's, with some high 70's thrown into the mix.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor
On 4/4/2015 SoX said:

Bird, I feel your pain with AT&T ... I've been through it, too. I remember us talking about this a few months ago. I refuse to give up my land line to go with Uverse ... and they keep going up on the price of my land line.

They aren't going up on the price of my actual phone service, they bumped up my internet (DSL) again. When I transferred my cell service to Consumer Cellular in February, I knew they offered home service. You basically buy the receiver and plug your phone into it - no more plugging into the wall. So basically it's like another cell phone - but in your home. Adding the home line was $9.50 a month, versus almost $40 with AT&T.

I think I used my home phone 2x in 2 months. I said, Bernie, it's insane to keep paying $40 a month for a phone you don't use. I almost got rid of the phone period. What stopped me was the phone number itself.

It's the only joint number that DH and I had.

Then AT&T bumped up the DSL this month.

I try to keep my sense of humor about it by remembering the bit with Lilly Tomlin.

"We're the phone company, we don't care, because we don't have to"

Image result for lily tomlin as the phone operator

Super Contributor
On 4/4/2015 Bird mama said:
On 4/4/2015 SoX said:

Bird, I feel your pain with AT&T ... I've been through it, too. I remember us talking about this a few months ago. I refuse to give up my land line to go with Uverse ... and they keep going up on the price of my land line.

They aren't going up on the price of my actual phone service, they bumped up my internet (DSL) again. When I transferred my cell service to Consumer Cellular in February, I knew they offered home service. You basically buy the receiver and plug your phone into it - no more plugging into the wall. So basically it's like another cell phone - but in your home. Adding the home line was $9.50 a month, versus almost $40 with AT&T.

I think I used my home phone 2x in 2 months. I said, Bernie, it's insane to keep paying $40 a month for a phone you don't use. I almost got rid of the phone period. What stopped me was the phone number itself.

It's the only joint number that DH and I had.

Then AT&T bumped up the DSL this month.

I try to keep my sense of humor about it by remembering the bit with Lilly Tomlin.

"We're the phone company, we don't care, because we don't have to"

Image result for lily tomlin as the phone operator

LOL... I'd forgotten about that... she was so great.

Honored Contributor
On 4/4/2015 jackthebear said:
On 4/4/2015 Bird mama said:

Hi Jack - I think if you are not really loving the IMAN pants by now, that could be telling you something. I probably would have tried a set if both were solid. I knew that paisley was a little too resort for me.

Bird, I know it is the gold on the pants that I am not happy about. The black is great so should I keep the black for $40? IS the question. I just like the fit on them so much at 5 3 not so easy to find that "in the marketplace"

That was the question I posed on the IMAN thread. Do I want to pay $40 for one pair of pants that may or may not fit. As a tall woman who has to go through changes to find slacks that are long enough, if you really love the solid color pants and will wear them often, then yes, $40 is worth it. Know what I mean?

Honored Contributor

Good morning, ladies!

I made it to the party!!!!!!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Welcome to the thread Mary

Honored Contributor

Welcome mary, and hi hc.

I need to jump in the shower and start getting ready to go to a wedding this morning, so will see you all around the boards through the week.

Bye,

"To each their own, in all things".