Honored Contributor

Re: A M Style Chat 3-20-2024 7am

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Kachina62

Not in my community.

However, an outsider might snatch my bag but wouldn't get far. He'd be lucky to survive.

@occasionalrain.  Wouldn't it be easier to just keep your bag on your person than engage in hand to hand combat with some fleet-footed, strong teenager?

I have a magnetic cloth wallet that attaches inside my waistband in which I keep credit and all my other cards.  I'm hands and worry free.  Nobody can see it and I can discretely remove my debit card to pay.

It was a Lori Grenier item but last fall they had a similar item.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I wouldn't be the one going after him.

I do buckle my bag in when the straps are still available. Someone grabbing it would find themselves dragging the cart along.

You must live in  an area where there's a lot of crime. I live in a bedroom community outside of a city where crime is uncommon.

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 

No, I just like red leather handbags, shoes, etc. So when you mentioned your procurement, I googled a bit.

I was watching the American Leather backpack presentation last night, and I almost bought one, but I remembered someone writing that they don't wear very well and that a pouch ripped easily. 

So, with that in mind when you wrote about your new DKNY purchase, I was interested.

The Tilly is cute! Have you seen the graffiti version? Really fun.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Kachina624 

I wouldn't be the one going after him.

I do buckle my bag in when the straps are still available. Someone grabbing it would find themselves dragging the cart along.

You must live in  an area where there's a lot of crime. I live in a bedroom community outside of a city where crime is uncommon.

@occasionalrain.  Your locale must be unique because crime seems to be rampant everywhere.  Maybe you're just not aware of it. 

Join the NextDoor app and I bet it'll be an eye-opener.  My town doesn't have much of a local newspaper and TV  coverage of what goes on is pretty non-existant but boy, do the neighbors talk. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I already belong to NextDoor. The posts are mostly about lost pets, asking for recommendations of local plumbers, gardeneners...road closures, car accidents. The only criminal activity is drug related. No murders, burglary, assuilts, carjacking.