Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Chat - 12/05/15

@MaggieMack@Bird mama

DSonIL is from Iowa... Iowa Fan right there and how!

We lived in Mich and friends of family from there... and I went to IU (Big Ten) 

so I'm right in there with both of you!

PS Lexi has an Iowa cheer outfit and Luke has an Iowa sweatshirt... LOL~

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 there is not a "quick reply" button on my iPad... if that is what you were asking
Esteemed Contributor

@islandgrrl, those "seem" to be really nice boots. For the price, how could you go wrong? And the reviews are good!  I had maybe three pairs of faux leather (vegan) boots, purchased in the past two years. When I lugged my tubs of boots in this season, I tried every pair on. I'm weird that way. I wound up donating every vegan pair I own because they just seemed cheesy to me. When I need rain or snow boots, I have those, but I need them a LOT more than you do. I will say, I have a pair of leather boots very similar to your picture that I love and that bring compliments every time I wear them. Order them, you can always return to the store.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@colliegirls... I guess this is a question for the moderators and I will try to ask them later. My windows laptop shows "reply" and a "quick reply" buttons at the bottom of a message (lower right-hand corner).
Honored Contributor

@LTT1

Are you using a computer that has the Windows 10 Operating System? 

I'm running Windows 7 and have just one reply button.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Buttercups wrote:

The wedge boots are cute, but at 150 for leather & fabric it's not a great value.

My two calf boots are both all leather, one flat & one kitten heel. And I got each pair for under 100 - good brands on half-price sale at end of season. No way would I get fabric/leather for over 100.

after christmas and jan-feb  or at the end of the season it the time to buy boots

Honored Contributor

FYI

BathBody works  candles 8.50 each today only

Valued Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Bird mama

Well, it is not you with a little bird watching over you on your shoulder, but this guy saved the little hurt fawn/fed it by bottle until it was well, and then returned it to the mom in the wild... 

guy who saved fawn.jpg

Story here: http://wgntv.com/2015/10/27/baby-deer-refuses-to-leave-man-who-saved-her-life/

This is so cute, I watched it and sent to friends.

Heart

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack

I have been wanting a black and tan boot for a long time -- but I always seem to make a more 'practical' choice when it comes to investment leather boots.  If these were only black or only tan, I would have passed.  But the good reviews, the CRAZY low price and the color combo moved me to go for it.

You nailed my historical concern about faux leather.  Will they be "cheesy".  Ick.  I'd rather not have boots at all.  I'm giving myself permission to try them -- and to see if I will get a lot of wear out of this color combo before jumping into a big investment.  Thanks (as always) for your thoughtful comments.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
@colliegirls... I guess this is a question for the moderators and I will try to ask them later. My windows laptop shows "reply" and a "quick reply" buttons at the bottom of a message (lower right-hand corner).

@LTT1

You are not seeing things.  I also have a quick reply button.  It might be from us using Google Chrome as the browser.