Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Chat - 12/05/15

@LTT1

Have a great weekend.

Time for me to break also.  Things to do, people to see, blah blah blah, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@capatosta wrote:

Talk about good timing....I have a new stove coming this coming WEdnesday...last night I thought I would make baked apples for dessert....the electric heating element in my current old stove popped and burned....for a half hour!!! I thought I would need the fire dept., but it finally burned itself out. Never had it happen before like that.  I am rethinking baking Christmas cookies...it might be a sign!!!Smiley Happy

That is so scary. I started a fire insde my oven during the self cleaning mode. So the fire starts and the door is locked ... black smoke coming out everywhere. The inside wasn't even that dirty ... as in not a lot of grease ... etc. Scared the poo right out of me.

Had to get a new oven/stove and while researching I discovered that a LOT of gas stove/ovens do not play nice w/ the self cleaning function.

Glad you're safe  and enjoy the new stove/oven.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@Buttercups

I love the feeling when I've finished an organzing task. I do my closets a couple times a year --- if not more.  I organize the kitchen and bathrooms once a year and that's coming up right after Christmas. I have cupboards that are totally empty in my kitchen because I've gifted all my fancy stuff. My DH and I just do not host fancy dinner parties anymore ... so why hang on to china and crystal we never use?

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I don't own any wedge boots, how about you?

No wedge boots for me ... too wobbly in the wet (could be operator error). Smiley Happy

I did buy a couple of wedge sandals this past spring/summer but they are not too high and they are a bit chunkier of a wedge ... if that makes any sense. Now those I can walk in w/o feeling like I'm going to tip over or turn my ankle.

I had a horrible anke injury a few years back that kept me fairly immobile for almost a year. I gained so much weight ... then it took forever to take off. Needless to say ... I'm all about comfort and safety when it comes to my shoes.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

Well, it is not you with a little bird watching over you on your shoulder, but this guy saved the little hurt fawn/fed it by bottle until it was well, and then returned it to the mom in the wild... 

guy who saved fawn.jpg

Story here: http://wgntv.com/2015/10/27/baby-deer-refuses-to-leave-man-who-saved-her-life/

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

I recently bought this from LE: BTW, received it and love.Half Zip from LE.jpgThen stepped out of my comfort zone and bought, from JCP, this, which hasn't arrived yet, just shipped this morning:

newsboy cap.jpg

I love that top. I almost pulled the trigger and ordered for myself .. but was waiting to see how all the things I bought on line last week would fit. How does the sizing work w/ that top? I'm busty but slim and like close fitting tops.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:
@MaggieMack... I am using the "Quick Reply" button next to the "Reply" button... try it you will see what happens

@LTT1, I am known for being oblivious, but I don't have a Quick Reply button on my iPad. What the heck???

I don't have a Quick Reply button on my new desk top computer either.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lyn08

I would not lay stuff on my floor  ... I'm weird about stuff on the floor then going onto my body. I do not know where that bit of weirdness comes from. Smiley Happy

I do take all of my clothes out an lay on my bed in categories ... like all the dress shirts together, pants together ... etc. Then I decide if each item is a keeper. It has to fit and if it needs repair ... like a button ... it goes into the repair stack.

If I'm purging ... I have a donate to sister and/or nieces, donate to charity and throw it out.

My other rule is I cannot buy more hangers ... so I only get to have as many clothes as I have hangers. Right now I have a bunch of empty hangers. Smiley Happy I actually have been trying to buy new stuff ... but nothing seems to fit me right or I don't like the material ... yadda, yadda.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
@MaggieMack... I am using the "Quick Reply" button next to the "Reply" button... try it you will see what happens

I must be blind ... I only see a reply button.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi AM Style Girlies!  Such a shame that I am always waking up when you guys are wrapping up. Aw well. I enjoy reading your mash up. 

Seeking a little advice. I stumbled on an unbelievable deal on a pair of tall boots at Kohls. Long sale-and-coupon story short: $27.95. 55 reviews, 4.4 stars. Here is the rub: they are 'vegan'. Do any of you have tall faux leather boots? I think they could be good for my work travel in Seattle and Portland, OR where it has been known to rain a day or two. The reviews are good but I dunno. I guess I'll see soon enough. 

image.jpeg