Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Chat - 12/05/15

@capatosta wrote:

Talk about good timing....I have a new stove coming this coming WEdnesday...last night I thought I would make baked apples for dessert....the electric heating element in my current old stove popped and burned....for a half hour!!! I thought I would need the fire dept., but it finally burned itself out. Never had it happen before like that.  I am rethinking baking Christmas cookies...it might be a sign!!!Smiley Happy

eek,

a sign to stop using an oven, 

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1  Did your daughter find another job?  Will the VA do something for her to help her find a new job in their new location?  Aren't they going to Cal?  Will they love the climate there?

CAN YOU TELL THE CAFFEINE HAS KICKED IN?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dawnie

A strand was started on outdoor colors of houses and while looking up pictures, there were swatches of door colors and house colors/trims that are "IN"

I will post a link to that thread here, in case anyone is interested.

LINK TO EXTERIOR HOUSE COLORS

Esteemed Contributor

@capatosta wrote:

Talk about good timing....I have a new stove coming this coming WEdnesday...last night I thought I would make baked apples for dessert....the electric heating element in my current old stove popped and burned....for a half hour!!! I thought I would need the fire dept., but it finally burned itself out. Never had it happen before like that.  I am rethinking baking Christmas cookies...it might be a sign!!!Smiley Happy

@capatosta, scary! I remember when I was 12, I was in the kitchen with my mother. I was making one of those spray snow Christmas trees out of a Readers Digest, shaking the can like crazy. My mom was percolating a pot of coffee on the top of the stove when the heating element blew. OMG! Lit up the whole house and yard! Hot molten pieces flying everywhere! Neither of us got hit. The funniest thing was she first thought it was the spray can. Never saw my dad come running so fast in his life. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@LTT1, just answered @capatosta about the movers. Big rig driver is doing fine, she has been in Pa, Ind.,Ohio, and now in Mn, this week. She definitely isn't letting any grass grow under 18 wheels. She won't be here with us on the 20th due to choosing to be home for Christmas, but her 3 kids and 2 grandbabies will be here. We will really miss her though, it's been quite a few years since we were all together at the same time, much less at holiday time.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I was soooo happy to see that AM Style was on -- finally!  a program other than "Great Gifts" -- but Wen?    I think I'll go clean the hall bathroom.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@Snicks1, your poor daughter, sounds like she had to drive through a lot of snow. We got another foot on Tuesday, in her line of travel. I didn't leave my house for two days.

Honored Contributor

@cap, I would not be using that stove for anything, Scary!

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1
You will have a houseful at the holidays!
Esteemed Contributor

@twinny70, Happy Saturday! How is Life treating you this week???