Esteemed Contributor

Re: A.M. STYLE LIVE CHAT 11/19/22

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama 

My new furnace is a Lennox!   So glad to know it'll keep us going for a long, long while ... probably until I leave this earth.

I did get a "kick" out of your Riverdance analogy ... your posts do give me a lift when I need one!  Don't know what we'd do without you ...

Honored Contributor

@SoX   I kept the same HVAC company that installed the Lennox under the prior homeowner.  They stopped being a designated installer for Lennox back in 2012.  When I asked why the technician said that the Lennox parts are proprietary and since Lennox consolidated parts distribution hubs around the country it was more difficult and expensive to get parts.  Personally I think the HVAC company didn't want to buy parts to have on hand for those occasions (maybe rare?) when a Lennnox might fail. 

I loved my Lennox Whisper Heat.  I have a two stage Carrier now and it does a good job.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Turn on CBS This Morning if you want to hear some old school music!

The Sacred Souls!

Honored Contributor

Just went to the home page to look at the TSV (I'm half listening to McCloud).  The jacket (?) is oversized isn't it.  

Honored Contributor

Thee Sacred Souls -  this is the kinda music that should be 'spinnin' on a Saturday morning Heart

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  It's a cold one here in upstate NY.  @SoX Did you receive your gunmetal boots?  I did and returned them. They were cool looking and so different, but they were very tight and stiff, not comfortable at all.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky 

Yeah, mine are going back, too ... I could barely get them on and they hurt!  Why can't boots be cool and comfortable?

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  I admire your skills and courage in tackling homeowner challenges. Both my new battery lawn mower and new battery snow blower arrived on Wednesday. They were so heavy I couldn't lift them out of their boxes, so I cut one end of each box off and rolled them out. Then I hauled the huge boxes to a construction dumpster a block away. Assembly was another challenge.

Assembly on them was supposed to take only a few minutes. It took me 2.5+ hours just to assemble the snow blower. I put the handle screws on the inside & nuts on the outside instead of vice versa. I couldn't line up the screws' holes on the snow blaster part, etc. etc. I was wiped out afterward.

I went to sleep at midnight on Wednesday & didn't wake up until 10AM on Thursday morning. On Thursday, I fell asleep at noon watching something on TV and woke up a couple hours later when a delivery man rang my doorbell.

I haven't even started on the lawn mower assembly. Omg, I'm sure that will be a chocolate day!

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily  There was a time that appliances came with booklets.  When assembly was required, instructions were clear and there were drawings to help you follow along.  Trouble shooting guides and a schematic showing replacement parts were also included.  These days you get the item you purchased and you're on your own after that.  I'm a ready to assemble person - for me it's like working a puzzle.  There are a lot of us who are not ready to assemble people and I think companies need to remember that.  

Super Contributor

GOOD MORNING......brrrrrrr in my town, but promising a 50 degree day for Turkey Day!

So great to see Dennis Basso this a.m.  Takes me back to the days they showed clothing and not so many pjs/lounge outfits.  I remember when they offered "fancy clothes" for holidays.  Not so much anymore.

If I need to "cuddle up" to keep warm, I'd rather buy a DBasso throw for a few more $s or get a large, comfy sweater at Costco for a heck of lot less $.  Not a fan of the TSV today.