Respected Contributor

Re: A Different Kind of Mini Dress

HIDEOUS works; so does GHASTLY.

Respected Contributor

Would not take it if it was free. Can't believe clothing designers sometimes.Plain awful.

Super Contributor

I don't particularly understand the point of this design. Maybe if the tie waist was in some color block like black it would have looked better. Meanwhile, it can be worn with black leggings and definitely not buttoned-up all the way.

Honored Contributor

The sleeves are so long on this tall, thin model that they'd look ridiculous on any person with average-length arms.

As for the rest of it, it's just silly.  These "designers" just have to keep coming up with outlandish ideas to stay relevant and edgy.  I can't think of a single person that would flatter.

And you can't even call it a mini-dress.  Micro, maybe, but mini it isn't!

Honored Contributor

@laluzdelmundo wrote:

As Arsenio Hall might say, this is one of those "things that make you go, 'hmmm.'"

lolSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

This is supposed to look like a shirt with another shirt tied around the waist. I looked further and found that the under layer is, in fact, shorts. It can be found on the Alexander Wang site in a light blue version (looks like a dress shirt), as well as a white version that is simply a blouse and a couple of versions that are just skorts (including denim). I know I'm seeing lots of "hideous" comments flying around, but I still think it would look great on someone like Kendall Jenner -- I would love to see how she would style it. I think it's a safe bet to say that AW fashions are not aimed at most of the women on this forum.