Honored Contributor

Re: A Black tank and black pants with a different blazer

Sounds like the many of us dress every day.
Trusted Contributor

I am confused by parts of the question. Citiknits? Slinky pieces? When I taught in a college setting for 37 years), I often wore dark pants and top ( different every day) with a different jacket every day.  

Valued Contributor

And the men....always dark suit, white shirt. Maybe, change of tie, usually red or blue. But no one notices or comments.

Valued Contributor

In general, I always notice ties and suits on men, including on the news. It may be the younger mens' style influence, I'm noticing more bright ties. 

Side note, I feel sorry for men in business having to wear the business suits in warm to hot weather.  They have to layer up and cover so much while women have the freedom to wear lower necklines, sleeveless tops and dresses, and some wear short skirts.

Honored Contributor

I wish we could get to the point where what women wear, women who have reached such a pinnacle, would not be even noticed or a subject of discussion. The only man who gets commented on fashion wise, it's because he never wears a tie. 

As a fashion topic in general I've always loved all black (or any other monochromatic base) with a pop of color blazer. It's a timeless classic look. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

And the men....always dark suit, white shirt. Maybe, change of tie, usually red or blue. But no one notices or comments.

@Zaimee 

Exactly! Such a double standard.

Personally, I like more variety in my wardrobe, but I see nothing wrong with women dressing in a column of black with various jackets, cardigans, & blazers. 

Esteemed Contributor

I thought it was purposefully done to keep comments about 'her' wardrobe to a minimum. I personally think it is a smart tactic as I am fed up w/ how women are scrutinized because of hair,  clothes, weight, voice, smile, yadda yadda. 

Yes, I get we all have our opinions on each of the above. But I would like to *think* I am judged on what I accomplish vs how others view my long blonde hair on my over 30 year old self.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zaimee wrote:

Repeat for emphasis.

#word